UTV - Side by Side

Goofyboy

I need to replace an aging golf cart at the family lake house and I am looking at UTVs. I don’t need the top end ones. I’m looking at base models, 2 seater with a bed that dumps.

So far, cub cadet wins in price, but not sure why. Every other brands base model is around $8500.

Any opinions on here if what to look for / avoid?

It really is for light duty stuff around a lake house. Haul wood / branches, dirt and lake toys. Run beer up and down the hill
And go check the mail. Maybe one day put in a small boat ramp for the jet ski and use it to launch the ski, but that’s not a major need.

It really is for light duty stuff around a lake house. Haul wood / branches, dirt and lake toys. Run beer up and down the hill
And go check the mail. Maybe one day put in a small boat ramp for the jet ski and use it to launch the ski, but that’s not a major need.

We’ve had mules for 12 years and they’ve been great. I think we only had to replace a fuel pump or something on the first one in ~10 years of ownership. We sold it to get a newer model with fuel injection and power steering so it starts without choking and you can steer with one hand.
I’ve known several guys that have had problems with their Polaris machines.
  • Like 2