SH 130: 20+ car 'pileup'. Happy New Year!

wood

If you were planning on using 130 SB near the river this morning, don't. At least not for a while longer.

About 1am there was a collision on 130 just south of Harold Green Rd, north of the river. Heavy fog isolated to the area limited visibility, and cars continued piling in. At last count, 56 people were involved, with 9 being transported by EMS. Even though it's generally clear throughout the Austin area, the fog there around the river hasn't yet lifted & it's likely to be a mess in that area for a while longer while they remove all the vehicles.

Edited by wood

The H-town area is covered in incredibly dense fog and/ or residual smoke from fireworks.  There is virtually no breeze so everything is just sitting there.

Be safe peeps, if you're out and about.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

The H-town area is covered in incredibly dense fog and/ or residual smoke from fireworks.  There is virtually no breeze so everything is just sitting there.

Be safe peeps, if you're out and about.

Yep.   Drove home from Atascosita to Kingwood last night around 1:00 and there were areas that I couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of me.   Scary as shit especially considering how many drunks there had to be on the road.  

Last time I was involved in a 50 person pile up, it wasn’t fog that was the issue.  There was however a lot of steam and lots of spare tires.  And if memory serves me, a guy named Harold Green hosted it, but then had to turn the hose on some of us the next morning who wouldn’t leave 

• Like 5

For all you crazy fuckers in New Orleans tonight that are driving back to Texas tomorrow.  Be fucking careful.  

Huge system moving west to east is going to pummel everything between Lubbock and Lafayette.  And it's going to sit on Texas and Louisiana until Thursday morning.  So when you wake up later today, and you're still probably legally drunk from the victory, be safe out there!