2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Nothing phantom about that one. Definitely a legit eye poke. 

Sure, but stopping the fight is the responsibility of the ref, not the fighter calling out he got kicked in the nuts or poked. I understand it works, it's just not how it's supposed to work.

Just now, Zavala said:

Sure, but stopping the fight is the responsibility of the ref, not the fighter calling out he got kicked in the nuts or poked. I understand it works, it's just not how it's supposed to work.

Well that’s on the ref for doing a shitty job.

And if Colby really has a broken jaw, that’s fucking crazy.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That was 100% an eye poke. Can’t tell if you’re serious.

Would the ref have stopped the fight if Marty didn't drum it up? 

Still, great fight. I can't believe Marty isn't trying to lay on Colby like he did Woodley.

Power or volume, which one wins out? I'm thinking accuracy and cardio is gonna win, they look evenly matched so far.

Man, they need to fucking make the judges score cards public throughout the entire fight. One judge had it 3-1 Usman, one had it 2-2, the other has it 3-1 Covington. That makes no fucking sense. If they do that, at least the fighters know exactly where the fuck they stand and nobody is shocked by a surprising scorecard.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

18 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Man, they need to fucking make the judges score cards public throughout the entire fight. One judge had it 3-1 Usman, one had it 2-2, the other has it 3-1 Covington. That makes no fucking sense. If they do that, at least the fighters know exactly where the fuck they stand and nobody is shocked by a surprising scorecard.

It sounds good on paper but it's a terrible idea. If they know the score cards are 2-0 in their favor in a 3 rounder or 3-0 in a 5 rounder (or up 2+ rounds going into the final one) the leader will just run and play defense like Woodley did against Maia. It'll be boring fuck city. 

What they need is better trained judges and clearer and concise exact rules for scoring. 

Edited by Junior Miller