Anyone give a shit about the technologies at the theaters?

52-80

On 1/11/2019 at 7:58 AM, Tom said:

I also try to avoid dine-in theaters where servers are walking around the theater during the film. It's distracting.

I'll take going to Alamo and being distracted by servers who will bring me a beer if I want walking around over being distracted by cunts who can't put their phones away for 2 hours

Only technology I give a shit about is real IMAX sized screen. Only one I know of in Florida at a commercial theatre is the Pointe Orlando Regal on Idrive. Star Wars Star Trek Marvel movies the only ones I give a shit about seeing there. The front row there is halfway up the screen and far enough back that you can see the whole fucking screen. Got reclining seats and a rail to prop your feet on and no fucking morons in front of you. Reserved seating so I can get front row center.

Last Star Wars I made the mistake of letting the (adult) kids pick the theater and seating location. Morons picked a non IMAX and back row seating. Jesus fucking shit dicks. Worst fucking viewing of a Star Wars film evah! Star Wars is not just a film it is an experience, after Star Wars in 77 it has been first day close to front row as possible for every subsequent one. You warch the previews then the theatre goes dark, twentieth century fox fanfare plays and the magic words appear and you are transported to a galaxy long long ago and far far away. You are no longer on earth in a theater, you are in the movie. Was bad enough for no fanfare before the magic words appeared but several fucking cretinous shitbag morons are texting in my line of sight while the magic words are appearing. TURN YOUR FUCKING PHONE OFF YOU FUCKING CUNTS!! DIE SCUM DIE DIE DIE!! Totally ruined my getting into the movie. And the back row seating? FUCK THAT SHIT! I never got transported to the Star Wars galaxy, I was just in a theater watching a mediocre movie. Might as well have watched it on a 19" tv in some trailer park fucking shit. And then with Star Wars movies I like to watch the credits and listen to the end music without distraction. It's a simple thing especially in a john williams composed movie, right? BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my freaking daughter in law as soon as the credits roll, whips out her shitty ass iphone two seats to my right, fires up the fucking bright as shit screen and starts fucking texting with fucking typing noises turned on. She was rather pissed when I hissed at her PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY UNTIL THE MOVIE IS COMPLETELY OVER INCLUDING THE CREDITS.

SHIT. NEVER AGAIN.

Morons with their goddamn phones are the worst. NO MOTHERFUCKER THIS IS NOT YOUR FUCKING LIVING ROOM. TURN YOUR FUCKING PHONE OFF AND PUT YOUR GODDAMN PHONE AWAY. AND DON'T FUCKING TAKE IT OUT UNTIL AFTER YOU LEAVE THE FUCKING THEATER.

I've been to Rocky Horror and to theaters with a mostly black audience and none of the Rocky acting out and the talking to and yelling at the characters on the screen is a tenth as annoying as some millenial cretin that can't keep his or her shitass phone in their pocket shut off during a movie. BASTARDS!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Continental Op said:

I'll take going to Alamo and being distracted by servers who will bring me a beer if I want walking around over being distracted by cunts who can't put their phones away for 2 hours

To each their own.  I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a cell phone screen light up during a movie, and I see a shit ton of movies in the theater.  I have a hard time believing this is the epidemic problem posters here make it out to be.