Singapore

CL Horn

Street food. Find whatever has a line and go there. China town is a good place to start for this strategy. 

Clarke Quay is pretty touristy and good for drinking, but the food I've had there wasn't great.

Marina Bay one night for sure. 

The zoo is pretty cool if you're into that. 

Public transportation and Uber to get around.

Feel really tall

Chili crab (or black pepper crab) at Jumbos at the East Coast Seafood location.  Be sure to get drunken shrimp and sticky buns.

The zoo, as mentioned, is very cool, as is the Jurong Bird Park

Ce La Vi rooftop bar at Marina Bay Sands (take your wallet; about $50 for two martinis)

1-Altitude is another cool rooftop bar

The Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling

Universal Studios in Sentosa - ride the cable car to get there

Dim Sum at Prima Tower on Sunday

Clarke Quay - Try Brewworks; it's some American guys that started making their own beers... pretty good stuff, and wings/burgers too

Boat Quay - Lots of little bars and restaurants.  Find a spot, have a seat outside, and drink lots of jugs of Tiger beer

Orchard Road if you want to people watch and shop.  I'd also recommend staying at the Marriott on Orchard road - there's a cool outdoor dining area with a little bar and you can sit and people watch while eating and drinking.  Also, Orchard Towers is just a short walk away.  If you don't know about Orchard Towers, you should probably do some research before you go.

Find any food court in any shopping center and have a bowl of Laksa.

@Seger78 @b_p thanks for the thorough recs - I'm pumped at about this trip, will fit those suggestions into the itinerary.

I've heard the city is small and easy to get around...walkable for the most part...anyone give me a frame of reference how big the areas are? 

I wish I had more than 3 days there :(

57 minutes ago, CL Horn said:

@Seger78 @b_p thanks for the thorough recs - I'm pumped at about this trip, will fit those suggestions into the itinerary.

I've heard the city is small and easy to get around...walkable for the most part...anyone give me a frame of reference how big the areas are? 

I wish I had more than 3 days there :(

Taxi's are readily available and cheap.  Walking is OK if you're in the middle of downtown, but going from Orchard Road to Marina Bay Sands will be a long, hot, sweaty walk vs. a 10 min air-conditioned cab ride.  With that said, walking in the evening is quite pleasant.  Most of the pointers I gave you will require a taxi.  For scale, it's about a 30 minute cab ride to the city center from the airport, and another 30 minutes from the city center out to Jurong on the west side of the island.  Also, it's about the same time from the city center to the zoo.  All those times are non-rush hour with no traffic; it can double at peak times, though Singapore traffic is much, much better than most large SE Asian cities.

You'll enjoy the trip.  I love Singapore and go back to visit frequently.

Edited by b_p