RV's

Any of you fools have a "Teardrop" style camper trailer? Or something similar in the under 20 foot category?  

My wife (no pics) will be empty nesters in the next few years and we are kind of planning ahead to do some serious travel around the country.  I'm all for tent camping and roughing it in the back country, but she's not a fan at all.  So we've been reading up on RV's and these bad ass looking things caught my eye.    Much better than pulling a fifth wheel or driving a motor home, IMO.  

https://nucamprv.com/tab-camper/models/?tab=3

Save yourself some time and step up to an 18ft +/- travel trailer and try that on for size. You'll quickly find out you want much bigger if you plan on spending a lot of time in one. Space is a luxury. So is a nice shower and shitter. If you're serious about living out of a bumper pull, look at Airstream. Nothing pulls or lasts like an Airstream.

unit_photo_201710200851108508906892.JPG

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

Save yourself some time and step up to an 18ft +/- travel trailer and try that on for size. You'll quickly find out you want much bigger if you plan on spending a lot of time in one. Space is a luxury. So is a nice shower and shitter. If you're serious about living out of a bumper pull, look at Airstream. Nothing pulls or lasts like an Airstream.
unit_photo_201710200851108508906892.JPG

Good advice. And rent a couple sizes first. I’ve always been intrigued with tear drops but glad I didn’t pull the trigger. Definitely a personal decision.

We went with a 30’ airstream. I can’t imagine a 24” now.

16 hours ago, El Diablo said:

21' or so would be plenty if you plan to be spending most of the time outside of the camper. If you see yourselves sitting inside and watching TV or such, you'll want a bigger one.

It's remarkable how much stuff they can get into the smaller RV's.  I think most of our time we will be out and about, so the smaller versions would work.  It's the next best alternative to tent camping which my wife is really not a fan.  This is the best way to see some of the best national and state parks 

If I go bigger than 21, Airstream would be up there on my list.  You pay a premium for them up front (used or new), but they have good resale value.   Airstream does have a smaller RV and it's on my radar too.

https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/sport/