Wingstop?

Baboontyme

Weird. One of the reasons I stopped going to BDubs was because their wings were too large. They used to be normal size wings then they started serving these jumbo mutant Frankenwings. The wing is just a delivery vehicle for the sauce and you should be able to clean the meat from the bone in one bite. My standard order for years was 12 wings wild & wet. Even after they changed the unit order size from six to five, I struggled to finish an order of ten of those jumbo wings. 

I agree the prices got to be ridiculous. I've also had problems with them not saucing the wings thoroughly (hello, that's what "wet" means!), or letting them sit in the kitchen so they're practically cold when served. The last straw was when they switched the Buffalo chips from real sliced potatoes to those little crinkle cut processed disks and then half the time didn't completely melt the cheese on top. 

Their Wild sauce is still the standard by which I judge all other Buffalo wings. I've developed a tolerance to heat over the years so they don't light me up like they once did. But I'm also pretty sure they lowered the heat on the Wild sauce when they came out with their Blazin' sauce so there'd be some separation between the two. The Blazin' sauce just tastes like peppers and doesn't have the tangy, mouth-watering flavor of the Wild sauce. 

19 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Weird. One of the reasons I stopped going to BDubs was because their wings were too large. They used to be normal size wings then they started serving these jumbo mutant Frankenwings. The wing is just a delivery vehicle for the sauce and you should be able to clean the meat from the bone in one bite

yeap.  big wings are not necessarily better.  its the ratio of skin to meat.  if i just wanted to eat chicken, id eat chicken

Last time I went I saw that a side of fries was $3.50 so we got an order thinking that must be a large (shareable).  They brought out a boat (the smallest size boat, like the ones they served frito pie in back in high school) with about 15 puny fries in it.

1111078.jpg

Edited by threesheets