Spectrum *internet* in Austin?

RD3

I switched recently to Spectrum for internet.  I had AT&T uverse cable + internet for years but I dropped cable for Directv Now almost a year ago.  So I only had AT&T for my internet but based on the distance to the hub, I was maxed out at 50MB which sucked.

So I jumped to Spectrum 400MB plan and got it for $10 more than 50MB AT&T.  But I noticed on my bill that there was a $10 phone charge.  Can I avoid that?  Or is it just part of the package?

On 3/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, crash_davis said:

That $10 phone is part of the package. I tired getting that shit recovered but it cost more because no package deal. So I said FU to Spectrum and Uverse and got Grande. Same speeds, half the price if you furnish your own broadband modem.

Same as what I did. Other than not having my own modem I went through the exact same shit.

• 2 years later...

I am so pissed i cant even see straight with these cocksuckers.

had internet and cable with them.

Fuck Spectrum.

I called in and cancelled my internet on July 5th because its the first business day after the holiday.  I got google fiber instead.   

so it takes them upwards of 30 mins and 40 questions to cancel my service..... cause I guess they figure if they keep refusing to cancel the service and ask you dumb questions like why are you cancelling they will get folks to give up

anyway, after all that time, they confirm that my monthly bill closed out on July 4th and my internet service is cancelled and that I am done with their internet.

I get the bill 2 weeks ago and they have charged me for the internet service.  I call back, and they confirmed that " yep we see it cancelled on July 5th" dont worry that will show up credited on your next bill."   So I short pay them for $73 which is what I  was being charged for internet and taxes.

Next bill comes today and surprise, its not credited.  I now owe them $74.

so I call and talk to c service where this fucked up company dares to tell me that in the last year they auto enrolled me into a program where their service is now a monthly subscription fee, WITH NO PRORATION ON IT.

I point out that in the past when I have added service like HBO or Redzone I sure as fuck have my service prorated for those charges for that month. 

got told nope Austin for sure, is now a monthly subsciption service, you can cancel service but you are going to be charged for the full month.

I then ask how the fuck was I expected to cancel service on July 4th which is a national holiday and not considered a business day...  they said, well we had people working.    tough shit.

Even the fucking retention department is telling me they cant credit the charge.   OK, guess you fucks have forced me to go full streaming  I was paying almost $140 a month for your service and your refusal to credit 29 days on my account which is about $70 means you lose easily $35 profit a month over a $70 charge. in perpetuity..... god damned thats a smart fucking business move.       keep the dipshit aus97 around for 4 more months and make a total of $140 profit... or just tell him to pay $70 extra.... OR ELSE.....   LOL   go fuck yourselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1