Gentleman Jack - HBO

Augustus

Yep, I'm a fan.  I'm really resisting the urge to look up the woman this series is supposedly based on; I don't want to spoiler it for myself. 

But, damn, if this is a true story, I'm highly impressed by Anne Lister....plus lesbian scenes.   I especially enjoyed the brief flashback when she was dining at a hottie's Y. 

• Like 1

The petting scenes between the two are definitely hot.

And whoever above mentioned BBC period pieces, I couldn't agree more.  They knock 'em out of the park every time.

If anybody hasn't seen Wolf Hall (available on Prime) it's a great one.  It's a different interpretation of the character of Thomas Cromwell and his efforts to get Henry wed to Anne, then to help bring about her downfall.

Damien Lewis is terrific as Henry VIII, no surprise.  He's great at everything.

Edited by Augustus

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I love it.

But Miss Walker is sort of driving me crazy. She’s so wishy washy.

yeah, she's easily influenced.   how she could feel any inclination to marry a man that she knows better than anyone is a charlatan and a fake is beyond me.  I get the social stigma with lesbianism, and the fear of that, but why not choose neither?  it's like she feels there are only two choices in front of her.

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Finally catching up on this on the DVR. Loving it. Loved the HBO/Deadwood tradition of feeding a body to the pigs in episode 4.

i thought it was a fantastic show.  the lead actress is a fantastic actress.  she is nailing this role, and should have received more acclaim for it.  

• 2 years later...

Just finished the second season.  Didn't realized it'd been 3 years since season 1.  My God time flies.

I thought the first season was terrific, and the second season was as good or better.

Hate that each series only has 8 episodes but that's better that drawing it out beyond their ability to keep it compelling.

• Like 1