Mens Tennis 2020 season. Run it back?

perfectchaos007

Texas gets a first round bye, faces winner of 4 Tech / 5 OSU.  Texas beat Tech 4-1 and OSU 4-3 in the regular season (4-1 in the non-conf matchup)

I think I'd rather face TCU since we barely lost that one, 3-4?  Versus winning 1 out of 3 versus Baylor (1-4, 0-4, 5-2) and then have to play them on their home court too. 

Edited by Js1

20 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We have absolutely over performed this year. Our record in contests that ended 4-3 is near perfect ( damn you TCU ) and that’s indicative right there of how matches that could have gone either way went to the Horns.

Isn't the entire roster returning next year? 

This feels like the national title roster from a couple years ago. Talent and experience. Although, I'm not sure this roster has as much talent but I'm far from a tennis expert. 

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Isn't the entire roster returning next year? 

This feels like the national title roster from a couple years ago. Talent and experience. Although, I'm not sure this roster has as much talent but I'm far from a tennis expert. 

Hmmm...I wouldn't agree quite yet. Yuya and Christian were a great 1-2 punch that this team doesn't have. Would have to see a fully healthy Siem to better evaluate. Also the record at number 6 this year is not good. Too many 4-3 matches for my liking. 

Edited by Aleemay
  • Like 1

If Yuya and Sigsgaard decided to stay for their final year of eligibility, we would be the favorites to win it all again. I have to give Spizzirri credit because he is starting to play like a line 1 type player now. That being said, just imagine if he were our #3 guy, with Woldeab, Harper, and Braswell rounding out the lineup. Oh well

Draw gets released at 6:30pm today. If we get a top 4 seed, other teams are hoping they’ll be in our section. More than likely we lose in the elite 8 or sweet 16. I think we have the same chance of losing in round 2 as we do making the final 4. Who knows though, we are technically still the defending champs!

We got the #4 seed, but we'll probably face UCLA in round 2. That's a tough 2nd round. 

Baylor received the #2 overall seed and will face A&M corpus 1st round just like the Baylor women

edit: the #1 overall seed, Florida, was a team we already beat this season.

This is the most parity I've seen in mens tennis..... ever

Edited by perfectchaos007