Mens Tennis 2020 season. Run it back?

perfectchaos007

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Harper earns 2 break points with some INCREDIBLE defense

This point Harper won at 5-5, 30all in the third set is what won the match for Harper. He tracked down 2 overheads hit by his opponent that not many players would have been able to do. Led to the error by his opponent then he got the break next point

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Aggy just won doubles point vs Gata...

Was not aware Aggy Tennis Coach (Steve Denton) is former Longhorn tennis player

Yep- check on TexAgs. Feelings for him have always been on and off due to his alum status. Some are convinced that he'd jump ship if he was ever offered the UT job.

This is funny, from another board just now on a thread specifically titled ‘Longhorn Tennis’. 

I can see why Texas is not well liked in the college tennis community. Very abrasive players and coaching staff. Congrats on the skin of your teeth win though I guess

He’s apparently a S. Carolina fan. I asked him if he was bitter much. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This is funny, from another board just now on a thread specifically titled ‘Longhorn Tennis’. 

He’s apparently a S. Carolina fan. I asked him if he was bitter much. 

I really have to second that ? on that thread. I may be some years removed from undergrad but never got that sense about Texas. If anything it was the old Baylor coach Matt Knoll that had an extremely bad reputation in the state. May be from judging from the outside but Berque seems a bit docile and mild mannered.

Edited by Aleemay

On the flip side, this is a Gata fan that’s been cool as shit all day. 

will be there tomorrow, tons of respect for your program, but I think UF just came off their best singles performance of the year, has to make them confident, woldeab better be his usual gator-killer-self and not hurt if Texas is going to keep their UF streak alive

If anything about reputation...there's an actual twitter thread going on right basically calling out the current Line 4 player at UF. One poster is showing multiple clips of him hooking different opponents. Present and past NCAA players have joined in.