Dave & Buster’s

BlueGreySky

I actually think the game mechanics are bullshit. To get the bonus you need to get the pucks that spell "zombie". You can sit there and try to get every letter that randomly comes out to spell zombie and someone can come in at the last minute and get the "e" and all your effort and chips are for nothing. Its usually a dick move and I hate when its done to me. Put you can get a lot of chips by focusing on the 500 and 350 pucks. They game just isnt fair for anyone that invest in time spent when someone can swoop in at the last minute and take your bonus. Surprised someone hasn't knocked the fuck out of someone.

21 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

I don't really understand the game mechanics having never played, but what's the etiquette on getting that last letter?  Were the couple in post #52 actively playing or lurking?   Why would they stop playing if so close?

i’ll usually knock in a letter, then walk away until another letter puck falls. in this case, they had been circling until it was time for the e, then was tryna knock in when i walked back up to the game and got it. idk about etiquette on zombie snatcher but i’m not playing unless there’s 250/500/letter pucks. and i’m not going to stand around watching until one falls. 

i haven’t been since then. mostly bc i haven’t been getting that 20 for 20 offer.  

On 6/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, nineliveslost said:

Went last night and had a good time. Saw the Zombie catcher game needing the last letter to get the bonus. Swung by and grabbed a spot and got the "E" . Evidently I took the bonus from a kid that was playing from the letter Z. Kid looked to be 10 was upset and went over to his mom on the other side (kinda walking odd). Got a cold look from the mom and realized i did a dick move. I asked the mom how long they were playing and she said he was disappointed because he was trying to get as many tickets as he could to save up to get a Nintendo Switch. Told me he had about 7k, but needed 100k for the game. Mom says the kid had been in a car wreck and just started walking again. Had a pretty serious head injury and the doctor said playing  video games would help him out. Long story short I made up for the dick move by getting the kid the Nintendo Switch and some games. Mom couldn't believe I was actually doing it. I just said I hope the kid gets better and to pay it forward if she can... The kid will have a better time with those 150k tickets then I would.

That's some serious karma there, man.  The world needs good people.  Props to you. 

So i started reading this thread back on shaggy, and it's fascinating. I've only been to a Dave & Busters once (not counting drug deals), so trying to keep up with everything y'all are referencing can be tough at times. I wanted to try my hand at it, and I did go make somewhat of an attempt, but i just felt so out of my element that it didn't seem worth my time.

So, get this- I tell my mom and kid brother about the hustle and get them in on it. I sent them to D&B's, filled them in on the MO of the other people who do this, and gave them game on how to work the big con. We had my brother go play the high value games at the same time as these online adult goons. We wait for the valuable cards and things to get acquired, then Little Derka turns on the pouty face and slumped shoulders routine. Then mom gives the big winner some sob story about a car accident and how little derka just started using words again or something, guilting these dudes out of all of their tickets .Some jabroni even got him a Nintendo Switch and a bunch of games. What a sucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're registered for the email coupons, the free $5 of chips coupon that went out two days ago...

If you clear your history and cookies, log back in to your email, open the DB email, and open the coupon again it's a new bar code.  I'll print a ton of these.  One coupon per card per day.

Expires at the end of the day Tuesday.Insert other media

Edited by BlueGreySky

• 9 months later...

Paging @nineliveslost or any other Dave and Buster's savant. 

I'm heading there this weekend for the Doomlet's birthday, and am curious what game is the best "value" (if you can say such a thing...) in terms of ticket yield for a game that a four year old can play. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

4 year old.... I would play the coin slot games, but you both slide coins in at the same time. Actually there are usually 3 slots. You put coins in 2 slots and let him use the third one. Should get a lot of tickets that way. Always cracks me up seeing people put one coin in at a time. Dumb

I am referring to the games where you get the coins to fall off the edge by dropping in coins. 

Last edit. Always time your 3 coins to drop at the same time and then quickly do another 3. Get a rhythm going and the coins will fall off the edge like crazy giving you a bunch of ticket at a time. 

Edited by nineliveslost

Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately, "Coin Plinko Onto Moving Shelf Coin Tectonics" didn't hold his interest for long; we played a fair amount of "Ping Pong Ball Into Goldfish Bowl" and a couple middling rounds of Skee-Ball, but mostly we played the NASCAR game and Cruising USA. 

But we've got a $30 box of Nerds to show for it.