Jump to content
Dropout

Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Recommended Posts

so let's say for a second that bernie doesn't win the dem nomination.  where can he be placed to do the most good moving forward?  i'm assuming of course that he doesn't retire to one of his 7 other houses (joke).

is there a "party elder" or "power broker" position he can fill, where he gets sent places and gets shit done?  i think he's done slowly pulling the party his way and opening eyes, and it would be nice to see him make a difference (possibly a bigger difference than the president) in the right spot. 

he needs to be a fucking hatchet man.  being a senator again makes no sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

is there a "party elder" or "power broker" position he can fill, where he gets sent places and gets shit done?  i think he's done slowly pulling the party his way and opening eyes, and it would be nice to see him make a difference (possibly a bigger difference than the president) in the right spot. 

he needs to be a fucking hatchet man.  being a senator again makes no sense to me.

I don't know if I follow what you're saying here, but are you envisioning Bernie touring America rousing rabble to continue to push his agenda at a nationwide grassroots level? If so, yes, I think that's exactly his plan, be it as Senator, President, or just public persona.

"Party elder" is the opposite of that, though, so I'm confused.

I think a lot of the centrists in the party are thinking he'll lose and they can find a way to co-opt the enthusiasm and vigor of his massive grassroots machine to go make sure a center/center-right agenda with a woke sheen (higher percentage of LGBT representation in Bolivian death squad "military advisors", more trans foreclosure attorneys), but that is not going to happen.

The movement doesn't exist because of Bernie's magnetic personality and overwhelming charm, it exists because we believe in the causes. The centrists will get our votes for the most part, but Bernie's left and progressive base isn't going to just shift en masse to become warriors for means tested student loan restructuring and public service purity tests for jobs.

And Bernie will work harder in the general for the opponent that beats him than that opponent would if Bernie had won, just like 2016, because he's a lot nicer than we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know if I follow what you're saying here, but are you envisioning Bernie touring America rousing rabble to continue to push his agenda at a nationwide grassroots level? If so, yes, I think that's exactly his plan, be it as Senator, President, or just public persona.

"Party elder" is the opposite of that, though, so I'm confused.

yes, that's what i meant.  i figured "party elder" would be his official title, more as a cover.  that way he wouldn't have any "senatorial" duties holding him back.

but he would move around like a mob boss.  knee-capping when necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the people who are mobilizing for Bernie right now actually show up in the primaries and caucuses, Bernie will roll through like a freight train. So many of those energized for him right now fit the non-voter profile that the polls discount. But if they don't show up, he loses. His entire thing is predicated on the disenfranchised rising up to get involved, which is a massive risk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If the people who are mobilizing for Bernie right now actually show up in the primaries and caucuses, Bernie will roll through like a freight train. So many of those energized for him right now fit the non-voter profile that the polls discount. But if they don't show up, he loses. His entire thing is predicated on the disenfranchised rising up to get involved, which is a massive risk.

 

I've seen a lot of tweets suggesting his team is doing amazing work on the ground in Iowa and it's not reflected at all in the polling, the very first primary will tell us exactly how he'll do. I can't make it, but he's having a rally at Morehouse tomorrow since the debate is here in Atlanta. Going to be very curious to see how many people show up to his vs. Warren's at Spelman.

Edited by GSU&UT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I gotta ask because it’s eating me up but why are the olds so anti-Bernie? 

Because they watch MSNBC and CNN 18 hours a day.

Quote

In its August and September coverage, by total mentions, MSNBC talked about Biden twice as often as Warren and three times as often as Sanders. By number of episodes, 64% of the 240 episodes discussed Biden, 43% discussed Warren and 36% discussed Sanders. A quarter of the episodes only discussed Biden, compared to 5% and 1% that mentioned only Warren or Sanders, respectively.

Of the three candidates, Sanders was least likely to be mentioned positively (12.9% of his mentions) and most likely to be mentioned negatively (20.7%). The remaining two-thirds of his mentions were neutral . . . Warren had the lowest proportion of negative coverage of all three candidates (just 7.9% of all her mentions) and the highest proportion of position mentions (30.6%).

http://inthesetimes.com/features/msnbc-bernie-sanders-coverage-democratic-primary-media-analysis.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bernie ever dies (so far all evidence points towards him being an immortal being) they should just have James Adomian impersonate him and no one would know. Like that movie Dave. Man, remember when fucking Dave balanced the budget in like 15 minutes and nailed the president’s wife? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Berners would focus more of their energy going after Pete, the actual and overtly fake progressive. 

EJ64OXWWsAM_Ad8?format=png&name=small

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Pete's biggest haters are my army of harassing Bros. And lord knows I've been trying to crap all over his Concours paintwork for months.

 

Also, Bernie is now getting TOO SMOOTH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie had an awesome rally at Morehouse, but I didn't get a good shot of how big the audience was. Hope like hell he can turnout some serious numbers with young people in the primary in my here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Bernie had an awesome rally at Morehouse, but I didn't get a good shot of how big the audience was. Hope like hell he can turnout some serious numbers with young people in the primary in my here.

Looks like the area was full of people. Needs to book bigger areas/venues.

Was Killer Mike there? He went to Morehouse, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch it all but I don't believe he was there, Nina Turner and a current student gave speeches before Bernie's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and the Bros knocking over lamps and armchairs in the rumpus room trying to figure this choreography out for when the dance war with Pete's forces begins

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge problem I have with Bernie's campaign is how he talks AT audience of black people instead of ELEVATING their voices by giving THEM the mic :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

President Bernie gonna fuck around and hoop all day instead of presidenting

#disqualifying

 

Bernie looking pretty fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've followed James Adomian for years. He does some of the best impressions I've ever heard. His Jesse Ventura and Gary Busey are fucking uncanny. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don’t worry scro, everyone’s gonna get healthcare. 

And a Mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie has always been “not as liberal as you might think on immigration.”  It’s one of those areas where he’s been remarkably mainstream. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie has always been “not as liberal as you might think on immigration.”  It’s one of those areas where he’s been remarkably mainstream. 

 

This did piss me off, I wasn't expecting him for calling for it's abolishment but was hoping he'd have stronger words. That said, I don't think any major candidate has said they'd abolish ICE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Bernie responded to the "open borders" question with "OH GOD CAN YOU IMAGINE ALL THE POOR PEOPLE?" I wanted to hit him in the face with a water balloon filled with shaving cream and glitter.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how Bernie deals with people melting down and shouting, interrupting BS in his face.

None of the other Top 3 are used to being challenged aggressively and none of them react well to it when it happens. Bernie's had people taking mile-high dumps on him for decades as he fights the establishment powers everywhere he goes.

He's the toughest candidate by far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...