Hair Metal

cabowabo

• 2 years later...

Today I learn that Kip Winger writes classical music. Not only that, but his music is performed by city symphonies.

Those guys in the Winger got a raw deal, thanks to Beavis and Butthead. I love Mike Judge but poor Winger. Not that their music was great, but there were no worse than other hair metal bands of that era.

Reb Beach was an absolute monster on guitar. And I think their drummer was pretty legit too.

18 minutes ago, ajax said:

Today I learn that Kip Winger writes classical music. Not only that, but his music is performed by city symphonies.

Those guys in the Winger got a raw deal, thanks to Beavis and Butthead. I love Mike Judge but poor Winger. Not that their music was great, but there were no worse than other hair metal bands of that era.

Reb Beach was an absolute monster on guitar. And I think their drummer was pretty legit too.

I’m sure there’s no shortage of great players from music scenes like hair metal, bro country, and flavor of the month pop acts, etc. Sometimes you gotta pay the bills with the understanding that you might not achieve the respect or recognition you’re looking for if the music you make has an expiration date on popularity or relevance, which probably most music. That makes it even more incredible for the musicians who create stuff that stands the test of time.  We’ll see if Kip can compose as well as other rockers like Stewart Copeland and Jonny Greenwood. 

• Like 1

I have not. But not at all surprising.

That tune and video is pretty much every hair metal cliche rolled up into one near perfect summation. It’s almost like if we just had that one song we wouldn’t have needed any of the rest of the genre’s music product at all.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, ajax said:

His teeth were far too white.