drifter379

Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

I wondered about the truck stop part. I’d read they were talking about closing them. Glad to see they haven’t.

Keep us updated on the dipshittery.

Shutting truck stops down would be a drastic measure. You need trucks to transport everything from food to paper towels.

Got a load of forklifts picking up in the morning going to Corpus. Im going to keep running as long as I can. Unfortunately open deck doesn’t get much essential freight. Unless it all goes to shit and the military starts mobilizing.

I will try to stay within a tank of fuel from the house in case I have to get there in a hurry.

Got a load of forklifts picking up in the morning going to Corpus. Im going to keep running as long as I can. Unfortunately open deck doesn’t get much essential freight. Unless it all goes to shit and the military starts mobilizing.

I will try to stay within a tank of fuel from the house in case I have to get there in a hurry.

Hit me up if you run out of stuff to haul.

4 hours ago, drifter379 said:

How much fuel does your rig hold? And what kind of mpg does it get?

Most guys carry 200-300 gallons and get a little north of 6 MPG.  I think OP said upthread that he's getting about that.  They can do better if they keep their foot off the floor. 

I have 150 and 120.
I can do 1200-1400 miles on a fill up but I’m usually looking for fuel around 800 miles just because I don’t trust a fuel gauge.

Must have been Fitzgerald’s. I’m bummed to hear that there were so many the same color as mine. Iv actually only seen 3 others on the road since I got mine last year.

Just brought the kid home, today, from college in NC. All of them are still on the lot 3.5 months after that pix.  

Reading you have enough fuel to drive 12+ hours , and Brisket’s saga, will get me off the self pity wagon after the 8-9 hundred mile round trip in two days to bring my daughter( no pix) home.

If skateboard freight slows up, does Mercer have a van/reefer div? Gotta strike when the iron's hot. I'd think they would be swamped with freight right now. Downside is it's probably dirt cheap.

If skateboard freight slows up, does Mercer have a van/reefer div? Gotta strike when the iron's hot. I'd think they would be swamped with freight right now. Downside is it's probably dirt cheap.

Man, from what I’ve been seeing, freights going sky high now.

Mercer does have dry vans.
Freight hasn’t changed much in the lanes I’ve been running but the fuel surcharge has gone away for the most part which makes most guys think the rates are dropping.
I paid $1.46 gal in MS today.

8-9 hundred mile round trip in two days

Bless your heart.
6199e6f5eddfa46ace1c9196257f5ad5.jpg

I was doing a little trailer trucking today. Lol

ce7b00741063ae3863fddb89b8f36b01.jpg
I reset the trip meter after I filled up in Meridian MS. So that mpg and speed is for the 508.5 to Baytown TX

That includes crossing the Bridge in Red Stick at 15:30 this afternoon.
There is practically no traffic out here anywhere. 18fad4c60f61b6e67c7610ddb25e0620.jpg
That’s I-10 bridge west bound in Baton Rouge at 3:30 in the afternoon.

If these vids are boring let me know and I’ll stop. Trying to figure out a good way to use the camera.

And if there is something y’all would like to know or see let me know and I’ll try to figure something out.

Leaving the TA in Meridian MS on my way to Baytown TX

[/url]

Almost to Baytown and this guy almost ate the trailer in the right lane. The prospective of the camera doesn’t do justice to how close this actually was. You can see the break lights and the swerve at the last second.

Get out of the left lane! I kid, but y'all fuckers are hauling ass down 35, I know that.

Mercer does have dry vans.
Freight hasn’t changed much in the lanes I’ve been running but the fuel surcharge has gone away for the most part which makes most guys think the rates are dropping.
I paid $1.46 gal in MS today.

Holy hell, it’s about $2.10 up here. We still pay a fuel surcharge on our loads, but it’s dropping steadily weekly.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Holy hell, it’s about $2.10 up here. 

The cheapest I've seen is $2.12 in DFW area.

Man I wish they had dashcams back in the day. I could make your hair curl.

Edited by RPM

With 2500+ trucks we get a hell of a discount. We have an app for our fuel card that shows us the fuel price with the discount. The green is the lowest in the search area. I’ve turned it into a game of chasing the green dots..

92316563c6633f4fa5f64a59c806c189.jpg