Jump to content
bad_teammate

American Solidarity Fund - Redistribution to Fight Inequality

Recommended Posts

The 1% don't understand how much their fate is tied to the 99% rabble. The rich invest and save their money. The poors spend it. When the middle class disappears, there will be no one to left to consume the goods, services, and resources the rich sell to the poors. Supply (clap) side (clap) economics (clap) does (clap) not (clap) work. It is in the interest of the rich, ultimately, for our tax schemes to be less regressive and more progressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd vote for someone pitching:

1.) Mandatory living minimum wage

2.) Elimination of vast majority of Gov't benefits

 

 

But, I am not going to hold my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bat Guano said:

Any time a profitable company pays its full-time workers insufficient to afford the basic necessities of life - food, housing, clothing, health care - the workers are being exploited. Cue the McDonald's and Wal-Mart and other employees on food stamps, medicaid, and housing assistance. What is their other option? Well, I guess they could let their kids starve; that's an option. The term 'wage slave' exists because it is a real thing. Look at the factory conditions at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, when capitalism existed in a more pure form and huge individual fortunes were created on the labor of thousands of underpaid, overworked people; if you don't consider that exploitation, I don't know what to tell you.

If anything, these profitable private company's you refer to are actually employing and *helping* the people you are claiming are being exploited. In addition, they are accepting a job under their own free will.  Hell, I worked for 5.15/hour as a college freshman over the summer for a County in South Texas.  Was the county exploiting me?  No, because I learned skills on the job that gave me experience to attain other opportunities.  Working to make end's meet sounds better than starving in my opinion, but then again, this whole discussion doesn't really get to the root of the problem.  Why has the cost of living gone up so much? Why is healthcare so expensive?  Why is the dollar worth way less now?  The complex answer explains the wealth gap, and it ain't because of free market capitalism, that's for sure.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

McDonalds, Wal-Mart, ect..... didn't create the reality by which their employees are utilizing gov't benefits to survive.  They are part of the reality, its completely dynamic and changing at all times. 

Bolded contradicts your first sentence; they did play a part in creating that reality. A big part.

 

Quote

Paying your employee's more because "it's the right thing to do" is certainly a noble calling.  On the other side of the equation are competitive market forces and consumers demanding $100 televisions and the Dollar Menu.

Yes, that is capitalism. The question I was answering was how capitalism exploits workers. Thanks for your help.

 

Quote

Factory conditions of the IR and today in the US are apples and oranges.  Unions are dying because the Federal Gov't and State Gov'ts have become defacto Union negotiators.  Min Wage, Paid Sick Leave, FMLA, OSHA, O'care, .......   (that's not an argument against those worker benefits, just commentary on the current reality)

Why are factory conditions better now? Is it because of unrestrained capitalism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

If anything, these profitable private company's you refer to are actually employing and *helping* the people you are claiming are being exploited. In addition, they are accepting a job under their own free will.  Hell, I worked for 5.15/hour as a college freshman over the summer for a County in South Texas.  Was the county exploiting me?  No, because I learned skills on the job that gave me experience to attain other opportunities.  Working to make end's meet sounds better than starving in my opinion, but then again, this whole discussion doesn't really get to the root of the problem.  Why has the cost of living gone up so much? Why is healthcare so expensive?  Why is the dollar worth way less now?  The complex answer explains the wealth gap, and it ain't because of free market capitalism, that's for sure. 

Seriously, dude? You think the summer job your pampered suburban ass took as a freshman reflects the reality of life for millions of low-income workers? Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, grow the fuck up. Venture out of your entitled ideological bubble and take a look at how the world really works. I recommend this to start with:

 

GUEST_236d9155-c339-4af1-b1e0-70f58fd079

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America

Read it. You might learn something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Bolded contradicts your first sentence; they did play a part in creating that reality. A big part.

 

What I am saying is they didn't create the current system of transfer payments. They certainly are part of it and certain corporations have lobbied for their interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

What I am saying is they didn't create the current system of transfer payments. They certainly are part of it and certain corporations have lobbied for their interests.

Why do you think we, as a society, determined that such transfer payments were necessary? Could it have had anything to do with the wage structures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Seriously, dude? You think the summer job your pampered suburban ass took as a freshman reflects the reality of life for millions of low-income workers? Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, grow the fuck up. Venture out of your entitled ideological bubble and take a look at how the world really works. I recommend this to start with:

 

GUEST_236d9155-c339-4af1-b1e0-70f58fd079

Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America

Read it. You might learn something.

 

 

How would you inspect I was a pampered ass suburban kid?  I grew up in the trailer parks in the South around drugs, alcohol and redneck culture so why don't you shut the fuck up? And it's rich you tell me to grow the fuck up coming from one who acts like the poorest folk in America have it so bad.  News Flash: capitalism was part of making the American bottom 10% the top 1% in the ENTIRE WORLD!  Your precious book probably doesn't touch on that does it?  

 

You said it yourself: voluntarily take a job to make ends meet or starve?  

 

And why we're on the subject of suggesting books to enlighten people we disagree with, I recommend you read this:

 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=henry+hazlitt+economics+in+one+lesson&hvadid=77996657994785&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_5qssxg6m6s_e

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

 

How would you inspect I was a pampered ass suburban kid?

 

english-motherfucker-do-you-speak-it.jpg

 

Quote

I grew up in the trailer parks in the South around drugs, alcohol and redneck culture so why don't you shut the fuck up?

You're trotting out a story from years ago when you went slumming for a summer as if you learned something about being poor. You didn't, and it shows.

 

Quote

And it's rich you tell me to grow the fuck up coming from one who acts like the poorest folk in America have it so bad.  News Flash: capitalism was part of making the American bottom 10% the top 1% in the ENTIRE WORLD!  Your precious book probably doesn't touch on that does it?  

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

english-motherfucker-do-you-speak-it.jpg

 

You're trotting out a story from years ago when you went slumming for a summer as if you learned something about being poor. You didn't, and it shows.

 

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Your responses have been  full of assumption and irony.  I'll just stahp with you, because apparently I'm using words you can't understand and ideas that are too big for your mind.  Take care pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"TAKE AN ECONOMICS CLASS!" - Someone who has probably never taken an economics class

Keep spouting your NPC-DSA propaganda and it will get smashed every time like it has in this thread.  No one likes your ideas bud, sorry.  I'm sure it's apparent to everyone that your constant skirting of the real simple direct questions affirm you are hollow when it comes to anything based on facts, logic and history.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Your responses have been  full of assumption and irony.  I'll just stahp with you, because apparently I'm using words you can't understand and ideas that are too big for your mind.  Take care pal. 

Not so fast, pal. I answered your question, and now I've got a couple for you:

Do you think exploitation exists? If so, how do you define it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Not so fast, pal. I answered your question, and now I've got a couple for you:

Do you think exploitation exists? If so, how do you define it?

 

Yes.  Who do you think was exploited during the meltdown of 2008, when everyone needed housing and the bubble burst?  Who do you think was exploited during the Vietnam War?  Who do you think was exploited during the Iraq War?  

Who was responsible and what were the common denominators in all of them? Hint: the same folks that Bad Teammate wants to use to enforce his ASF nonsense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, American Swindle said:

Yes.  Who do you think was exploited during the meltdown of 2008, when everyone needed housing and the bubble burst?  Who do you think was exploited during the Vietnam War?  Who do you think was exploited during the Iraq War?  

Who was responsible and what were the common denominators in all of them? Hint: the same folks that Bad Teammate wants to use to enforce his ASF nonsense.  

I give up. What is your definition of exploitation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Keep spouting your NPC-DSA propaganda and it will get smashed every time like it has in this thread. 

NPC meme reference

4chan doesn't issue economics degrees, buddy. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

NPC meme reference

4chan doesn't issue economics degrees, buddy. lol

Yeah that's a very bad tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

NPC meme reference

4chan doesn't issue economics degrees, buddy. lol

Using memes doesn't make him wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bat Guano said:

Why do you think we, as a society, determined that such transfer payments were necessary? Could it have had anything to do with the wage structures?

It's chicken and egg.

Raise the wages.  Historically inflation would be the concern.  Somehow we have kept that genie in the bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Using memes doesn't make him wrong.

It is further evidence of how stupid he is.

But yes, the totality of his idiotic statements is the actual problem. The reliance on 4chan memes just signals where he gets his ideology... like the fucking moron he is.

Edited by bad_teammate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It is further evidence of how stupid he is.
But yes, the totality of his idiotic statements is the actual problem. The reliance on 4chan memes just signals where he gets his ideology... like the fucking moron he is.


This is the perfect example of where the radical left ends up after being smashed in any debate.

Name calling and shallow attacks with jack shit for substance. It’s no surprise the entire Leftist regime is eating it’s own with this type of mentality and intellectual dishonesty.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

This is the perfect example of where the radical left ends up after being smashed in any debate.

 

DESTROYed by LOGIC in YOUTube DEBATE!

Ben Shapiro & 4chan, just what mama's growin' moron needs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


When one party takes advantage of another using deception, fraud or theft that is contrary to both party’s mutually agreed upon terms.

As I said, you can say workers in our society are being taken advantage of, but if they choose to take the job they are offered, and understand the terms of their employment, then they are doing so under their own free will and can quit at anytime.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DESTROYed by LOGIC in YOUTube DEBATE!
Ben Shapiro & 4chan, just what mama's growin' moron needs!


“Now watch as the NPC troll tries to use what he thinks is a super cool allusion to Ben Shapiro and 4chan memes to stymie his adversary...” [steve Irwin]

You got crushed dude, take the loss and move on.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Incredulity said:

It's chicken and egg.

Raise the wages.  Historically inflation would be the concern.  Somehow we have kept that genie in the bottle.

Nonsense. Welfare, SS, Medicare, food stamps, housing assistance, etc. were implemented in response to dire need - i.e., people were suffering and needed help desperately. It defies history, logic, and political reality to pretend otherwise. Wages were one factor of several in the equation, but they were a significant one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Isn’t this the thread about how everything should be redistributed by lumping it in some giant hedge fund controlled by the federal government with help from the usual giant hedge fund guys, because (1) giving them literally all the money to manage would really stick it to the elites in DC and NYC, and (2) how awesome if it was all regulated by our dear leaders in DC and invested in the stock market!

Yeah, I’m going to say that seems like an even worse idea given recent events.

Edited by longhornmatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 10:14 PM, longhornmatt said:

Isn’t this the thread about how everything should be redistributed by lumping it in some giant hedge fund controlled by the federal government with help from the usual giant hedge fund guys

No, this is an extremely right-wing framing. Very Republican. Which is fitting, of course, given the source.

We're in a situation where trillions in taxpayer dollars is going to private capital to prevent private capital investments from failing. In a sane world, the taxpayer would be treated as an investor. The ASF would be a means of managing those investments.

Do you have a better idea? Continue to just throw our money at capital and hope they don't kill us? Let them all die in times of struggle?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, David Dennison said:

How about capital pays labor more and management less.

Crazy idea, I know.

Sounds great, but doesn't really address capital that is illiquid. The ASF idea creates a mechanism to simply transfer illiquid assets.

Not sure why you're so hostile here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...