Cowboys @ Saints: Week 4

Vic Mackey

Cowboys sucked last night.....it happens.  NE looked pedestrian against the Bills and the Rams got cornholed at home by Tampa Bay.  I did a  whole lot of NFL Red Zone yesterday afternoon and I don't think anyone outside of the Chicago defense looked dominant.

I wouldn't lose it over yesterday's performance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Cowboys were flagged 3 fewer times than the Saints, 6 to 9.  The refs didn't lose this game.  Abysmal offensive scheming lost this game. 

People actually think the final fouls/flags count is the correct way to judge? Lulz. That OPI at the end was god awful. Even if it was a no call, which is should have been, Dallas would have been 10 yards closer at the end and could have attempted a game ending FG. And let's not mention the other OPI on Cooper that was not even close to a flag. How about the push offs NO got away with it. And not to mention the fumble they gave to NO when it was clear as day Zeke's elbow was down. That won't go into the penalty category but still has to do with refs. Timing of flags and missed calls are just as bad.

Refs in the NFL are god awful in general. They have waaaaaay too much influence of games. It is to the point where you can't even get excited about a game because you have to hold your breath to see if the Yellow Flag box pops up on the screen. Be it missed calls or shitty ones thrown, they are shitty. No one pays to see them. I have zero issues calling clear cut penalties and illegal shots to knees and head but so much of this is not necessary.

And how much holding did NO get away with last night? Looked like OU and Tech against Texas on how obvious it was.

Dallas didn't lose because of the refs but doesn't mean they were not shitty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

People actually think the final fouls/flags count is the correct way to judge? Lulz. That OPI at the end was god awful. Even if it was a no call, which is should have been, Dallas would have been 10 yards closer at the end and could have attempted a game ending FG. And let's not mention the other OPI on Cooper that was not even close to a flag. How about the push offs NO got away with it. And not to mention the fumble they gave to NO when it was clear as day Zeke's elbow was down. That won't go into the penalty category but still has to do with refs. Timing of flags and missed calls are just as bad.

Refs in the NFL are god awful in general. They have waaaaaay too much influence of games. It is to the point where you can't even get excited about a game because you have to hold your breath to see if the Yellow Flag box pops up on the screen. Be it missed calls or shitty ones thrown, they are shitty. No one pays to see them. I have zero issues calling clear cut penalties and illegal shots to knees and head but so much of this is not necessary.

And how much holding did NO get away with last night? Looked like OU and Tech against Texas on how obvious it was.

that's a lot of blaming the refs to not blame the refs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I didn't say the refs weren't bad.  I said they weren't the reason the Cowboys lost. The Saints had 3 more penalties than the Cowboys and found ways to overcome them to win the game.  The Cowboys did not.  I think the OPI calls on Cooper were bullshit, but that could have been overcome had the Cowboys brain-trust come up with a halfway decent game plan for this game. It's not like they didn't have film from teams that had success against the Saints defense.  Why on Earth did they go after Apple more last night, who might be one of the worst starting corners in the league?  Why didn't Dak run a bit more?  Why didn't they move the pocket more?  A whole lot of stupid went into that game plan last night and that is why they lost.

Remember when you called the Saints crybabies?
  • Like 1