Mexican

Jack Straw

Rumor has it that Azul Tequila is moving from their cursed Dry Creek location to the old Double Dave's on Mesa.  I hope so.  They can cook, but every restaurant in that location smells like mopwater.  (Interestingly enough, so does El Mercado on north Burnet.)

Looking forward to trying Los Pinos Jalisco at 360/2222.  I'm hearing good things.  I'm hearing not so good things about Que Divino Cocina on Greystone.

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Rumor has it that Azul Tequila is moving from their cursed Dry Creek location to the old Double Dave's on Mesa. 

Speaking of which, I miss Mesa Ranch.  I went there a couple times when my kids were young toward the end of it's tenure, and I thought the food was still solid and enjoyed the live music.

• Like 1

So we ended up trying Los Pinos Jalisco last night.  It was good.  I'd say it leans a little more towards interior Mexican than Tex-Mex.  My wife had some mushroom enchiladas that were terrific.  

It's basically a repurposed pizza joint, so don't expect ambience.  We ate outside on their patio.  It's nice, but you're sitting by a parking lot.  

On 4/24/2024 at 10:28 AM, irishtexan said:

We tried Cruzteca out in Sunset Valley about a month ago and I was pleasantly surprised. Cheese enchiladas were good. Drinks were good. I'll go back.

Wife, son and I went there tonight for the first time. Definitely adding to the rotation. Wife is a ceviche snob (her grandmother was from Tampico) and really liked it. Drinks were also top shelf. I had the carnitas tacos this time. Looking for forward to trying the guisada and pibil on future visits. Cool place. 

Went to Enchiladas Y Mas tonight.  35 minute wait.  OK, fine.  2 minutes later we got called in.  I'll take the 33 minute error.

That place was absolutely hopping.  I've never heard it so loud.  I had just had tacos elsewhere yesterday, so I ordered migas.  Those were probably the best migas I've ever had.  Phenomenal.  My wife got her usual (Enchiladas Perfecto) and says they were in top form, too.

My can of Shiner Bock didn't suck.

EyM is at peak TexMex.  Stop going there.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Went to Enchiladas Y Mas tonight.  35 minute wait.  OK, fine.  2 minutes later we got called in.  I'll take the 33 minute error.

That place was absolutely hopping.  I've never heard it so loud.  I had just had tacos elsewhere yesterday, so I ordered migas.  Those were probably the best migas I've ever had.  Phenomenal.  My wife got her usual (Enchiladas Perfecto) and says they were in top form, too.

My can of Shiner Bock didn't suck.

EyM is at peak TexMex.  Stop going there.

Well then shut up about it already!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1