Most Sobering Stat from this Season for you

MoJames

I bought seasons this year and have yet to go to a game as we've progressively become the laughing stock of the Big 12 again. This whole season has been cursed since the day I hawked my LSU tickets and went to the lake instead.    So the most sobering stat to me is the amount of money I spent on tickets this year not to attend a single home game for the first time in a decade.  I'm going to end up giving away another set for Tech.  Fucking Tom Herman and his shit ass coaches just can't figure out how to prepare all these 4 star athletes for games against lesser talent.  

The regression of this offense has been pretty startling.  

Not a stat, but more of an observation:  I can't remember a team that has so many players that are totally invisible. There are about 10  players that I notice week in and week out playing their ass off.  Everyone else is JAG.

Devin, Sam, Roschon, Cosmi and Braun.   I like Ingram...I think he gets a bad rap around here.  Play calling isn't helping. He's averaging almost 6yd/car.

Ossai and B Jones, Sterns(when healthy).  It's amazing Sterns is 3rd on he team in tackles despite missing 4 games.

Overshown is a player (when healthy)

Chris Brown is a better tackler with one good arm, than any of the other DB's.

Edited by Tylerocks

Our discipline statistics bring to mind Freddie Kitchens' Cleveland Browns.  

A few additional statistics that are of interest.

Defense (Is this the worst pass D in school history?)

129th (out of 130) in Total Pass Yards Allowed Per Game

109th (out of 130) in Total Pass Yards Allowed Per Play

100th in Yards Allowed Per Play

107th in Sacks Per Play

119th in Red Zone %

Offense

111th in Sacks Allowed Per Game

103rd in 4th Down Conversion % 

Special Teams

111th in Punt Return Average

Miscellaneous

123rd in Penalties Per Game

125th in Penalty Yards Per Game

29 minutes ago, krevo said:

I bought seasons this year and have yet to go to a game as we've progressively become the laughing stock of the Big 12 again. This whole season has been cursed since the day I hawked my LSU tickets and went to the lake instead.    So the most sobering stat to me is the amount of money I spent on tickets this year not to attend a single home game for the first time in a decade.  I'm going to end up giving away another set for Tech.  Fucking Tom Herman and his shit ass coaches just can't figure out how to prepare all these 4 star athletes for games against lesser talent.  

If you gave up going to the biggest game of the year, at a time when all of our hopes and dreams were still intact, to go to the lake then it seems a little disingenuous to blame Tom for the fact the you will not have attended a home game this year.  It's completely fair to blame Tom for a lot of things this season, but you being to disinterested to utilize your season tickets is not one of them.  In fact, I think you have even forfeited the right to complain about this season at all.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you gave up going to the biggest game of the year, at a time when all of our hopes and dreams were still intact, to go to the lake then it seems a little disingenuous to blame Tom for the fact the you will not have attended a home game this year.  It's completely fair to blame Tom for a lot of things this season, but you being to disinterested to utilize your season tickets is not one of them.  In fact, I think you have even forfeited the right to complain about this season at all.

It wasn't really that simple.  I had a family reunion and a place rented at the lake prior months before I got a chance to buy the tickets.  Didn't realize LSU was going to be the same day we had 20 people staying in an AirBNB.   That loss really sucked the life out of the whole season imho.  Also - fuck Tom Herman.  He sucks.

22 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Our discipline statistics bring to mind Freddie Kitchens' Cleveland Browns.  

A few additional statistics that are of interest.

Defense (Is this the worst pass D in school history?)

129th (out of 130) in Total Pass Yards Allowed Per Game

109th (out of 130) in Total Pass Yards Allowed Per Play

100th in Yards Allowed Per Play

107th in Sacks Per Play

119th in Red Zone %

Offense

111th in Sacks Allowed Per Game

103rd in 4th Down Conversion % 

Special Teams

111th in Punt Return Average

Miscellaneous

123rd in Penalties Per Game

125th in Penalty Yards Per Game

"And somehow despite these eye-popping stats, I've craftily coached this team to a 6-5 record. I'm a certifiable genius"! - Tom Herman, probably.

If some little leprechaun came to me and told me in 2009 that in 10 years Texas would have the same record as Florida State, Miami, and Washington, I'd feel pretty good about the future.

And then that little fucker would say "But you will all be one game worse than Indiana, and two games worse than Minnesota!" and fly away on his little donkey or whatever asshole leprechauns do.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Because I'm a big fan of leading indicators, my stats would have to do with the number of blitzes we ran that didn't get home, or the number of 3rd/4th down conversions we gave up to wide open receivers as a result of those blitzes, or the number of times we were guaranteed to fail on a run play by pre snap alignment, or dear Lord the number of times we failed to set any kind of an edge...over and over and over, or the number of times we ran Sam into the back of our line on fourth and short, or the number of times we called a failed play immediately over again to see if we can "impose our will" when we failed to the first time.

Yeah, some version of those stats would do it.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

"But you will all be one game worse than Indiana, and two games worse than Minnesota!" and fly away on his little donkey or whatever asshole leprechauns do.

The only part about this that is in any way off is that it evokes Notre Dame, which doesn't make me smile. But everything else about it appeals to me as the perfect description of this season of macabre mediocrity.