We got eye doctors? Amateur or Professional?

I forgot to ask mine a question and she's a pain in the ass to get in touch with. She said bifocals would help with reading next time I got new glasses. She put "Can add 1.50 bifocal" on the RX so I can order them that way, or not. I have contacts that are -2.50 in both eyes. Not progressive or for astigmatism or anything. What kind of readers, if any, would help for up close shit while my contact are in? I usually have to take off my glasses to read really small print, so obviously if i have in contacts, I can't see small print very well. 

Yeah that's my plan to get some cheap ones but I don't want to go try a bunch on or order a bunch on Amazon until I find the right power

Or could I just order 3 or 4 different powers and one will work?

Edited by BBQ2Bayou

It’s a little bit age dependent, but if your doctor suggested a +1.50 bifocal then that’s roughly the add power you require, so +1.50 OTC readers do the same thing. Start there and work up if you need to.

Also keep in mind that reading and computer use typically require different strengths. Reading requires more power than computer because most people hold their reading material closer than a computer screen. Depending on age, you may not need anything at all for the computer. If that’s not the case and you want to get into specifics, PM me.

Don't know about glasses, but having a different prescription for each eye with my contacts fixed my need for readers when wearing contacts. Left eye is my near eye, right is my far one. Zero problems with it.

My eye dr mentioned that to me. Seems weird. Did it take a while to adjust to.

16 minutes ago, Updawg said:

My eye dr mentioned that to me. Seems weird. Did it take a while to adjust to.

Not at all. Instantly fixed the issue. Some people seem to have problems with it, but they can always give you a sample pair to try it out. It was life changing.