Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

20 hours ago, midtown said:

Anyone interested in buying this jacket? I ordered an XL but it's too big. Will cost me too much to return to the club store. I've already received a large that fits so we can match. Ill also try the SA Spurs club if no takers. IMG_20201218_085555.jpg

I just bought one or I would be a taker. What are you asking for it?

Edited by WillUSAF

57 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I’m going to stand by this. With Liverpool destroying Palace today that puts Spurs behind in GD now also. Now Spurs are really chasing. Where they would just be a few behind with a Win in the Palace game. 

Completely agree. I cringed with every goal they scored.

1 minute ago, WillUSAF said:

thats also 3 games in a row that we look like shit......they really need to turn things around in the next 40 minutes

I haven't watched much of this game, so I can't really make judgement here.

And no question about the Palace game - they let themselves get bossed for much of the 2nd half.

But I didn't think Spurs looked like shit against Liverpool. They play a game where they are going to let teams have possession and defend. Not having the ball doesn't mean you aren't doing well. In many cases it can mean you're playing your game plan. If Spurs are getting chances, they are doing what they want.

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I haven't watched much of this game, so I can't really make judgement here.

And no question about the Palace game - they let themselves get bossed for much of the 2nd half.

But I didn't think Spurs looked like shit against Liverpool. They play a game where they are going to let teams have possession and defend. Not having the ball doesn't mean you aren't doing well. In many cases it can mean you're playing your game plan. If Spurs are getting chances, they are doing what they want.

true....but just as American football. If the passing game isn't working you don't have an empty backfield every play. Thats what I mean.

18 minutes ago, WillUSAF said:

thats also 3 games in a row that we look like shit......they really need to turn things around in the next 40 minutes

Aurier conceded a dangerous FK on a needless foul for Crystal Palaces' goal.

Aurier conceded a corner for Liverpool's winning goal.

Aurier committed a needless foul to give Leicester a penalty.

Notice a pattern?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Notice a pattern?

I've never been a fan of his. I don't like his play. He is always a danger to do something stupid.

1 minute ago, DeepEastTexas said:

They're lost on attack.  Every cross, every pass is hopeful.  Nothing done with any purpose or forethought.  The attacking game plan is strictly counter attack after sitting back and defending.  This isn't sustainable for the remainder of the campaign. 

Ndombele was subbed out. Lo Celso subbed out with a hamstring injury. We need one of those two on the field at all times. If Ndombele was subbed for fitness concerns then it makes zero sense that we started both. Starting Lo Celso at RW makes even less sense.

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ndombele was subbed out. Lo Celso subbed out with a hamstring injury. We need one of those two on the field at all times. If Ndombele was subbed for fitness concerns then it makes zero sense that we started both. Starting Lo Celso at RW makes even less sense.

Ndombele might as well be sold.  He's only effective when he has possession of the ball, he can't get the ball and immediately make a pass to press the attack, he's never fit, and he's often disgruntled.  Time to move on. 

Lo Celso might need to move on as well.  He's often hurt, and most of his success at the club has come in the Europa league against inferior competition.  

Spurs really need to find an attacking mid-fielder and a creative play-making mid-fielder in the mold of Eriksen. 

18 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Notice a pattern?

Didn't he also commit the foul that eventually led to West Ham's 3rd goal?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Ndombele might as well be sold.  He's only effective when he has possession of the ball, he can't get the ball and immediately make a pass to press the attack, he's never fit, and he's often disgruntled.  Time to move on. 

Lo Celso might need to move on as well.  He's often hurt, and most of his success at the club has come in the Europa league against inferior competition.  

Spurs really need to find an attacking mid-fielder and a creative play-making mid-fielder in the mold of Eriksen. 

No.

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

That's being reactionary. Ndombele and Lo Celso make things happen. And saying they should be moved it very very short sighted.

No, it's not reactionary.  It's 18 months of watching them at the club.  

Ndombele keeps the ball at his feet way too long, and can't press the attack.  He's had 18 months to adjust to the EPL and to work on his fitness.  He's hasn't accomplished either.  Add to that that he's often injured, and it makes very little sense to keep hoping that it will click for him. 

Lo Celso is often injured as well.  Unless it's a lower tier competition like Carabao, or Europa, he's not making the necessary impact a creative mid-fielder should make for a top 6 club in the EPL.  

Levy needs to find an attacking mid-fielder in the transfer market. 

3 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

No, it's not reactionary.  It's 18 months of watching them at the club.  

Ndombele keeps the ball at his feet way too long, and can't press the attack.  He's had 18 months to adjust to the EPL and to work on his fitness.  He's hasn't accomplished either.  Add to that that he's often injured, and it makes very little sense to keep hoping that it will click for him. 

Lo Celso is often injured as well.  Unless it's a lower tier competition like Carabao, or Europa, he's not making the necessary impact a creative mid-fielder should make for a top 6 club in the EPL.  

Levy needs to find an attacking mid-fielder in the transfer market. 

Both are 8s often playing as 10s because we don't really have a creative 10. Dele is a secondary striker.