Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

Spurs gave these points away. 1-0 won't beat Palace with game plan. Palace is too dynamic of a team to withstand pressure like this. Spurs did nothing in the 2nd half until the game was level and by then it was too late.

And with how much they were able to boss at the end, they didn't have to go 100% attack, but even making an effort every 5-10 minutes would keep a lot of the CP pressure off.

Bad game plan by Mou.

4 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Horrible match to watch.  Jose made awful decisions today.  Maybe they're looking to the Liverpool match on Wednesday. 

That match becomes larger now.

So he's playing the season like he did today.

These aren't points Spurs can drop anymore. The top teams are too close to let these slip away. Let's watch Liverpool at Fulham. If Liverpool is up 1-0, they won't be content to try to let that lead stand, they will look to get another.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

These aren't points Spurs can drop anymore.

Apologies for the thread jack - but, who knows. I've been thinking that about the top teams dropping points for weeks now. Obviously there's some worry that Liverpool puts everything together and stops giving points away but we've seen nothing to suggest that yet. It just seems like a season where you hang around towards the top of the board and see how it all plays out in February.

Just look at the top 4 of the table so far on the season: 

Spurs have a WTF loss to Everton* - and 2 ties with West Ham and now CP

Pool has a WTF loss to AV and ties with Everton, Brighton and now Fulham

Soton has losses to ManU and CP and has played a super easy schedule. I mean fucking Soton has the chalkiest results so far.

Chelsea just got its WTF loss to Everton, and has a tie against fucking West Brom on the season

And it's not like all of these results were flukey and came from early season contests. They are all over the place. You watch Chelsea lose and Tottenham draw and think "ah fuck, Liverpool is about to be in the driver's seat" and then they go and almost lose to fucking Fulham.

So, again, who knows what happens. I made a similar comment in the EPL thread - it would be just about the most Spurs thing ever to finally win it in a fucky pandemic year with City, ManU and Arsenal being down and Chelsea and Pool not quite having it together.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

It was only a matter of time.

Aurier and Sissoko are morons that continually give up cheap fouls that lead to dangerous free kicks that end up converting. There was zero reason for Aurier to pull back Zaha to concede the free kick that ended up equalizing.

4 minutes ago, midtown said:

Well it was only a matter of time before someone tried to put an asterisk on Spurs position

Lol. Not asterisking anything. Just making the point that so far the cards have fallen for you and you're taking advantage of it. Nothing wrong with that. 

21 hours ago, ztejas said:

Apologies for the thread jack - but, who knows. I've been thinking that about the top teams dropping points for weeks now. Obviously there's some worry that Liverpool puts everything together and stops giving points away but we've seen nothing to suggest that yet. It just seems like a season where you hang around towards the top of the board and see how it all plays out in February.

Just look at the top 4 of the table so far on the season: 

Spurs have a WTF loss to Everton* - and 2 ties with West Ham and now CP

Pool has a WTF loss to AV and ties with Everton, Brighton and now Fulham

Soton has losses to ManU and CP and has played a super easy schedule. I mean fucking Soton has the chalkiest results so far.

Chelsea just got its WTF loss to Everton, and has a tie against fucking West Brom on the season

And it's not like all of these results were flukey and came from early season contests. They are all over the place. You watch Chelsea lose and Tottenham draw and think "ah fuck, Liverpool is about to be in the driver's seat" and then they go and almost lose to fucking Fulham.

So, again, who knows what happens. I made a similar comment in the EPL thread - it would be just about the most Spurs thing ever to finally win it in a fucky pandemic year with City, ManU and Arsenal being down and Chelsea and Pool not quite having it together.

I am curious to see how this does all play out. I certainly don't disagree that this is going to be a year where the title is won by fewer points than we have seen in a while. Working backwards you have to go to the Leicester year to find a title winner that was in the 80s. Though before then 80s was a winning range more often than not.

Now, that said ...

I'm not sure that you can count losses from top of the table teams as WTF? losses. Everton has been damn solid this year, despite a small dip in form lately. Even Villa has been a tough out.

As a whole though the bottom of the table is a different animal. You certainly can't lose those games, but even draws aren't great either. This is the time to set yourself apart from the teams around you. You do so getting expected points.

I also don't think Liverpool is just going to take this over and run away. Without VVD, they are a different team. They became something different when they got VVD back in 2018.

Overall, we will see, there is a lot of the footy to be played and still a lot of H2H games between the top clubs.