Tottenham 2020-21: To Dare Is To Park

DeepEastTexas

Not that I am not worried about Kane leaving because I am. But the economics of soccer being what they are right now doesn't really help him in making a move. The money for a transfer in the range that he would command is going to be hard to come by for a lot of clubs that just played the "poor rich club" card.

Stil finish top 4 and this is a moot point, but you never know.

53 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

speaking of kane, his comments about mourinho are more concerning to me than his reported desire to leave absent a top 4 finish. 

Mourinho won trophies everywhere he had been except Tottenham. When Mourinho was hired, one of the remarks I heard from fans of other EPL teams was "how spursy would it be if Mourinho fails horribly at Tottenham AND doesn't win a trophy?" 

38 minutes ago, midtown said:

No manager who can chose a club where your domestic league is a friendly have the season and CL football is a given is going to move to a club where you have to fight like mad to make a top 4 IMO

I’m not sure I agree. 2 reasons:

1. it’s not a given that they make the CL, go back 5 years and Ajax wasn't making it there.

2. In that same 5 years they had to come through the playoffs to make the group stage more often than not.

that said yes, Tottenham has a tough route to the CL. You arguably have 7-8 teams for 4 spots.

7 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Erik ten Hag stays at Ajax signing a new contract with the club.

Your move Levy. 

Fabrizio Romano says we moved on after talking to him. It may have to do with Ajax exercising the one year extension on his contract. That would make the compensation needed even higher.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, Captain Ron said:

Not that I am not worried about Kane leaving because I am. But the economics of soccer being what they are right now doesn't really help him in making a move. The money for a transfer in the range that he would command is going to be hard to come by for a lot of clubs that just played the "poor rich club" card.

Stil finish top 4 and this is a moot point, but you never know.

Just a little more on this