Evil Dead streaming with Bruce Campbell commentary

NeverMarryAStripper

It was well worth the price.  Campbell had a ton of stories about making the movie and it was really interesting.  One interesting fact he brought up was that Sam Raimi knew Joel Coen at the time and got him to do the film editing on the chainsaw scene.

i watched it with my daughter and she stuck it out, but when it was over she told me she didn’t really think the movie was very good.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

I remember meeting Bruce at a book signing back around 2000.  At the time he either said at the signing or in the book that he was more interested in what makes him money today than what made him money yesterday.  I'm paraphrasing, but that's classic Bruce for ya.  He was probably referencing Evil Dead at the time, because I had him sign one or two of the movies and a Playstation game cause I was a poor college shmuck and didn't have the book yet.  Funny that he ended up revisiting it later as a TV show and more video games, ended up bringing him more money after all.

Dude is a legend, love everything from Jack of All Trades to Xenia, Man With the Screaming Brain, and the Evil Dead Trilogy.  He just makes gold.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I just got back from seeing it. It's definitely more horror than comedy, but I liked it. Some fun callbacks to the earlier movies, too. The intro was great, particularly the scene with the title card. 

I will say that I watched The Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 only recently, so I don't have the nostalgia for them that a lot of people have. I liked Evil Dead Rise as a movie in its own right.

• Hook 'Em 1