2018 Texas Volleyball

texasstrong12

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Oh dang I thought you were joking but they’re 15-0 with some good wins. Can’t remember them making much noise in December of recent years but maybe this is just a really good year/team for them

Yah we better handle business because a 1 or 2 loss Pitt could overtake a 4 or 5 loss Texas 

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yah we better handle business because a 1 or 2 loss Pitt could overtake a 4 or 5 loss Texas 

Also the NCAA selection committee seems to favor newbies oddly enough. Remember they made a point last year to make the #1 seeds completely different than the #1 seeds from 2016. They like new blood

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Also the NCAA selection committee seems to favor newbies oddly enough. Remember they made a point last year to make the #1 seeds completely different than the #1 seeds from 2016. They like new blood

It is not out of the realm of possibility that:

BYU or Stanford is the #1 overall (and the other is the #2 overall)

If 2 B1G teams tie for the title, I could see both getting top 4 (Nebraska/Illinois/Wisky/Minny)

Pitt pushes out a 3-loss Big 12 champ Texas if they win out or only lose 1 match

I think, at this point in time, the top 4 spots are going to a be a dogfight between Tree, BYU, Texas, Pitt and 2 B1G teams.  Everyone else is out of the running.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

This set isn't on Shook. She's setting well. OH and MB aren't terminating. 

Just say everyone but Micaya aren’t terminating. Think I’ve seen 1 by Logan and 1 by Morgan. Everyone else no clue 

2 minutes ago, TexasDPT said:

I hope Yaazie gets better soon.  We need her arm on the right pin.  Katarina ain't cutting it anymore...don't know what happened b/c she was playing so well in the beginning of the season.

Season is a grind. Freshman wall. 

Edited by texasstrong12

10 minutes ago, TexasDPT said:

And of course Autumn cracks under pressure being served at...

Other than that shank I saw pretty good backrow D and passing from her. I didn’t notice anything egregious except the shank 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

This has been an odd match. Ball control has been good but we just can't terminate. Complete opposite of how we normally play. 

Yeah, TCU just knows where the Texas players like to hit at...they are picking up everything.

• Like 1