Last Night in Soho

CooterBrown

• 5 months later...

I went and saw this tonight in lieu of Game 7.  It was pretty good, although I think the first half was better than the second.  Thomasin McKenzie was good as the lead, Anya Taylor Joy was a good 60s it girl and of course was smoking hot, and it was fun seeing Diana Rigg in her last? role.  

It was a bit different for an Edgar Wright movie in that it was played more straight.  There were horror elements but nothing that was really comedic.

Spoiler

I liked the mod 60s night club scenes a lot and the first scene where you see Anya Taylor Joy as the lead's mirror self was really well done.  I didn't like it as much when it went into the descent into madness/horror stuff.  It just got kind of tedious to me.  The twist at the end with Diana Rigg was pretty good though.

Edited by WBT

Also saw it last night and really enjoyed it.  Edgar Wright is one of the directors whose movies I will always go see as I have really liked each and every one of them.  What occurred to me with this movie is how tonally different his past several movies have been yet all made so well (duh) but also all with his visual touches, movie references/homages and needle drops.

• 2 weeks later...