Wyoming at Texas 2023?

The Virginian

When was this announced?  I just looked at Wyoming’s future schedule and there it was, bigger than Stuttgart.  To top it off, the Pokes open at home against Texas Tech.  The Cowboys also host Appalachian State.  2023 is shaping up to be a memorable season.  I better call Cousin Greg and reserve his guest house.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Soliver465 said:

We played there in 2009.  The stadium is at 7000 feet above sea level and we had seats in the last row of the upper dec

Had a great time and would go back again.

Really wanted to attend that one but had a wedding I couldn’t get out of. 

4 hours ago, Soliver465 said:

We played there in 2009.  The stadium is at 7000 feet above sea level and we had seats in the last row of the upper dec

Had a great time and would go back again.

Yep.  Looks like this one is Sept. 16th, the week after we go to Alabama.  We host Rice to kick off the season on LHN, so look for this game to be an afternoon affair like LA-Lafayette this year.  Meaning, several Wyoming players will burst into flames during the second quarter. 

But that trip in 2009 was a fucking blast.  We somehow had even worst seats than yours Soliver but didn't care except to run down at halftime to chug a beer in the parking lots.  back-country camped and fished the first night in Rocky Mountain National Park and drove into Laramie the next morning.  We looked and smelled like shit but nobody in the pre-game bar we hit minded us at all.  Chatted and drank with us until kick-off (can't remember the name but had a "campus library" theme to it.  Stadium was cold-war looking with shit sightlines but everybody was awesome.  I'd love it if this announcement was part of a 2 in Austin/1 in Laramie type deal.  We are looking for another non-conf. home team in 2027 and an away in 2028.  This could fill that.  Who knows?  But good fishing up that way.