Wal Mart to roll-out their own insulin brand

Gil Bang

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I understand what you mean but you're saying that we shouldn't blame the drug dealer for selling heroin to their customers. I'm not in agreement with your analogy.

Walmart is not blameless as the drug dealers aren't blameless. But they are not the root cause of the issue. The root cause is the Demand from the Customers. Walmart and the Drug Dealers are enabling the condition. If Walmart agrees to stop selling shitty foods, that does nothing to stop that person from buying it at HEB. The Demand will be satiated. From whom doesn't matter. Chips and soft drinks aren't illegal so should Walmart stop selling shitty foods out of civic responsibility? Their stakeholders may give a shit.

I believe they stopped selling guns. So they have wet their feet into that moral judgement. But guns sales makes up a miniscule percentage of their revenue versus high fructose goods so no pushback from stakeholders. 

Like I said, it's complicated.

Edited by crash_davis

33 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Walmart is not blameless as the drug dealers aren't blameless. But they are not the root cause of the issue. The root cause is the Demand from the Customers. Walmart and the Drug Dealers are enabling the condition. If Walmart agrees to stop selling shitty foods, that does nothing to stop that person from buying it at HEB. The Demand will be satiated. From whom doesn't matter. Chips and soft drinks aren't illegal so should Walmart stop selling shitty foods out of civic responsibility? Their stakeholders may give a shit.

I believe they stopped selling guns. So they have wet their feet into that moral judgement. But guns sales makes up a miniscule percentage of their revenue versus high fructose goods so no pushback from stakeholders. 

Like I said, it's complicated.

I used to work in the healthcare field and many of our patients were diabetic or borderline diabetic...   Again I live in South Texas which is ground zero for the problem in Texas.

Diet is number the number one issue of course....   Some of it becomes genetic and generational unfortunately.

Really I don't know how much more you can do to tell people what you are eating might be contributing to your current condition?  Our medical pros used to do this until they were figuratively red in the face if you will...   The old saying about leading a horse to water applies.   Just getting some simple exercise and losing weight helps many as well, but they don't this.  But I've also known people who live a relatively healthy lifestyle come down with diabetes too.    They might not be consistent plant eaters, but they are not loading up on tacos every morning on the day to work.