aftermarket sunglass lenses

14 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

anybody ever buy them?  I can get replacement lenses from "revantoptics.com" for 30 bucks, which seems better than paying 120 for new glasses.  

I’ve done it the other way around when I had broken frames but good prescription lenses.  Found the exact model, back in business in 2 days, which was nice because I was 3 months away from my vision insurance buying me a new pair for free.

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

anybody ever buy them?  I can get replacement lenses from "revantoptics.com" for 30 bucks, which seems better than paying 120 for new glasses.  

What city are you in?  

Well then my optical credit with my optometrist in Texas isn't going to help you.  Was going to sign it over to you, they make really great lenses of all types on site.  NM

But yeah, replacement lenses are harder to find than you'd think.  Another part of optometry/glasses/frames ripe for obstreperous business. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, NAVY said:

I’ve bought replacement lenses a couple of times from Fuse. No issues and way better than shelling out 200+ for new raybans / Maui 

https://www.fuselenses.com

Seconded; and the lens were fine, but one oddity I noticed was the lens would not "clean" as easily as standard Oakley lens.  A film would remain on the surface.

I got replacement lenses from Revant. They had to ship me 3 sets of lenses to get me the ones that fit my frames and actually matched what I ordered. All were labeled correctly, just weren’t the right lens in the box. Really easy to deal with, didn’t ask me to ship anything back. once I got the correct lenses quite happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've now renewed two old pairs of Oakleys with Revant lenses. 

The second set, the USPS showed delivered on Saturday, and they weren't in my mailbox.  I emailed revant, and they apologized and promised to ship another set the following day.  Yesterday afternoon, they showed up in the box and I emailed again and told them that they had arrived and there was no need to replace. 

• 2 weeks later...