Detroit Police Punch

Neonmoon

7 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

I didn’t avoid anything, the video is rolling for a reason. Nobody has their phone ready to roll unless they see a situation escalating. He’s backing up, with his hands up, for a reason. Let’s see what it is. 

Cops say they were assaulted. Vague bullshit, typically. They didn’t arrest him, that we know of, so there’s a lot to explain there as well.  

You’re bad at answering questions.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Legally -- and since we're talking about cops, that's what matters -- it generally doesn't matter what he did or said prior to retreating.  Because see, the thing is, HE WAS RETREATING AT THE TIME THE OFFICER USED VIOLENT FORCE AGAINST HIM.

If you pointed a gun at a cop for 10 minutes, he might be legally justified to shoot you any of those 10 minutes.  But once you drop the gun, he is NOT legally justified in shooting you.  See how the timeline matters?

If you use force against someone who represents a threat in real-time, it is often justified.  If you use force against someone who 1) WAS a threat, but 2) isn't a threat any longer, than that's just vengeance.  And that is not a legitimate use of force.

So, the reason that people negged you is because your question doesn't fucking matter.  It doesn't matter what he did before.  He could have described, in graphic detail, how he raped the cop's kid sister.  He could have brandished and then dropped a weapon.  It doesn't matter.  Once he is retreating, he isn't a threat, and that is the ONLY basis a cop can have for using force -- to take out a threat, or to effectuate an arrest against an actively resisting suspect (so, someone who, by their resistance, is a real-time threat).  

The bootlickers are freaking addicted to cop boots or something.  I don't get it.

So you can punch a cop, decide you didn’t mean to and force is no longer justifiable? Yeah you're losing that case, counselor.

Now I’m not saying that’s what happened here, just that the mere fact he’s retreating isn’t the end of the story. 

4 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

So you can punch a cop, decide you didn’t mean to and force is no longer justifiable? Yeah you're losing that case, counselor.

Now I’m not saying that’s what happened here, just that the mere fact he’s retreating isn’t the end of the story. 

Are you slow in the fucking head? 

"durr, i need to see what happened prior to this video before making any judgments." no you don't. no. you. do. not. i could spend five paragraphs breaking down why that is, but the truth is that nobody here should have to explain what's (supposed to be) understood. and yet despite people's actual best efforts to explain why it's never okay for a police officer to do this, the retards remain skeptical. 

i wasn't really around this forum at the time when immamac lost his shit at this site's inability to separate politics from the current events forum, but i bet i can make a pretty decent guess as to what type of "political talk" was taking place here. maybe something like, "anyone who needs to see more than what's shown in this video before making any judgments about this use of force definitely voted for Donald Trump and believes that 'Blue Lives' are an actual thing." is that a good guess? because i would love to say something like that right now, even though i obviously never would. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes. It's just not okay to act like it's reasonable to withhold judgment on the officer's actions before knowing what else happened. Did you think that was a good point? Asking for people with critical thinking skills.

You were the moron who completely lied about what happened with kid being shot in Chicago.  Just “turnaround” and walk away dingleberry. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1