RIP Fezzie

UTCzech III

Probably not many Ron & Fez fans here, but our beloved Fez Marie Whatley (nee Todd Hillier) passed away last night.  Maybe the funniest radio show I ever listened to, just rapid fire comedy, the interplay between Ron and Fez was just amazing.  Rest in peace sweet prince.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I very much enjoyed the little bit of Ron & Fez that I listened to (listen to the new Bennington show almost daily now).  Sorry to hear he's gone.  Will be curious to see how the Bennington show does with it next week or maybe they go dark.  RIP, Fez.

An article on Fez’s history of heart issues, which is apparently what ultimately killed him.

https://www.thewrap.com/fez-whatley-radio-personality-ron-and-fez-show-dies-57/

As a guy who’s had SiriusXM since about ‘05, I’ve listened to many of the comedy shows over the years. I’ve always been in on Stern, hated Bubba, listened a lot to O&A (only because of Anthony and Jim, never Opie, who is talentless) and a little Ron and Fez back in the day. Fez was literally rarely there, usually because of a mental health issue. They really had to be careful what they said around him, or he’d be out another week. Finally, Bennington’s daughter stepped in full time. 

So, RIP Fezzie. You led a tortured life, so perhaps you’re finding some peace.

(The article I linked above had some info I never knew... Todd Glass is gay. It just never hit my radar.)

Holy shit!  He was only 57.  I always assumed he was a fair bit older and looking at pictures of him, he looked it too.

As said above, when he was on, R&F was pure gold but towards the end of his career his health issues and mental health issues were a drag on the show.  Ron’s a fantastic interviewer but the show just isn’t particularly funny since Fez left and was replaced by Ron’s daughter. 

O&A and Ron and Fez entertained me through plenty of horrible commutes. 

Unlike the blueberry and kiwi, YOU were a stand alone fruit Fezzie.  RIP. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1