Transferring Single Game Tickets

Viper

I bought a group of tickets to a football game and I'm trying to figure out how to send the tickets to the other guys to use. I got the email with the link to add them to my phone and did that for one ticket. When I go to TexasSports.com/MyAccount I can see the tickets in my purchase history, and get see them when I click on Sell on Stubhub, but when I click on transfer it says I have no tickets I can transfer. Is the only option to just load them all to my phone and make sure we all go in together?

*This is not the official stance of the university so they won't tell you to do this*

Just load all of them into your phone. Screenshot them. And text your buddies the picture. It works just fine. 

Or you can all walk in together and use just your phone. 

They want to push things to stubhub because they get a cut. They want to push you to email/transfer your tickets to friends because they are trying to protect people from double selling screenshots of their tickets. I am assuming you don't want to double sell your tickets and screw your friends over... so a screenshot will work just fine.

Edited by jwtexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

I have thought about this in-depth. The only option is a screen shot. There’s no way to send them from the Apple Wallet. This is very Steve Patteronesque of Texas to not allow some sort of simple transfer solution to a friend/family member.

Someone tweet Del Conte that we need a better solution.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I bought a group of tickets to a football game and I'm trying to figure out how to send the tickets to the other guys to use. I got the email with the link to add them to my phone and did that for one ticket. When I go to TexasSports.com/MyAccount I can see the tickets in my purchase history, and get see them when I click on Sell on Stubhub, but when I click on transfer it says I have no tickets I can transfer. Is the only option to just load them all to my phone and make sure we all go in together?

When did you buy the tickets? The mobile tickets don't always appear instantly. You should get an email  with the subject "Your Mobile Tickets" which has the link and then you you should be able to transfer them via the Texas Longhorns app or website.

27 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

When did you buy the tickets? The mobile tickets don't always appear instantly. You should get an email  with the subject "Your Mobile Tickets" which has the link and then you you should be able to transfer them via the Texas Longhorns app or website.

got the email last tuesday, clicked it and linked one of my tickets to my phone. when I go to my account at TexasSports.com/MyAccount though and click the transfer tickets link it says I have none to transfer. If I click Sell Tickets on Stubhub then they show up.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

got the email last tuesday, clicked it and linked one of my tickets to my phone. when I go to my account at TexasSports.com/MyAccount though and click the transfer tickets link it says I have none to transfer. If I click Sell Tickets on Stubhub then they show up.

Try it in the Texas Longhorn app on your phone rather than the site…

8 hours ago, jwtexan said:

*This is not the official stance of the university so they won't tell you to do this*

Just load all of them into your phone. Screenshot them. And text your buddies the picture. It works just fine. 

Or you can all walk in together and use just your phone. 

They want to push things to stubhub because they get a cut. They want to push you to email/transfer your tickets to friends because they are trying to protect people from double selling screenshots of their tickets. I am assuming you don't want to double sell your tickets and screw your friends over... so a screenshot will work just fine.

This.

22 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I have thought about this in-depth. The only option is a screen shot. There’s no way to send them from the Apple Wallet. This is very Steve Patteronesque of Texas to not allow some sort of simple transfer solution to a friend/family member.

Someone tweet Del Conte that we need a better solution.

Agree. We should be able to transfer the tickets directly from the wallet via Airdrop or over text. No needing the University to be involved at all. That's how the Austin FC mobile ticket work I believe.

I just used the screenshot method for this past game and had no issues.