Check the tower logs, for Christ sake!

South Austin

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

also, and i’ve asked this trivia question before, but without cheating - what two baseball games are heard/watched in this movie, and what happened in those games?

i don't know the first half on the question, but know the second half

1) Ball.  High and outside.

2) Checks the runner.

13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

One of them was a Padres Braves game where David Justice hits a grand slam to tie it up in the 10th

this is one of them. we hear the call when the game gets tied at 10. 

the real game went into extras at 6-6 and ended up 11-10 in 12 innings. 

The play that the movie was based on was based on an actual code red incident at Guantanamo Bay.  The incident resulted in court martials against 10 marines.  The alleged leader of the code red was acquitted, but was later found shot to death in a case that was never solved. 

https://www.boston25news.com/news/new-england-s-unsolved-who-killed-us-marine-david-cox-/916827273/

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The play that the movie was based on was based on an actual code red incident at Guantanamo Bay.  The incident resulted in court martials against 10 marines.  The alleged leader of the code red was acquitted, but was later found shot to death in a case that was never solved. 

https://www.boston25news.com/news/new-england-s-unsolved-who-killed-us-marine-david-cox-/916827273/

One of my dad's Marine friends told me that he knew the guy whom Nathan Jessup's character was based.  As expected, he said, "Helluva Marine."

are you asking me out on a date?
no. 
it sounded like you were asking me out on a date. 
i wasn’t. 
i’ve been asked out on dates before, and that’s what it sounded like. 

if you can work anything like this into real life conversation, the shit works. 

Might be awkward this Friday at Lee Harvey’s