Cop murders a guy in a rascal scooter, shooting him in the back nine times from close range

shadow_operative

16 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Dude: "To be very clear, I am deeply disturbed and troubled by Officer Remington's actions. His use of deadly force in this incident is a clear violation of department policy and directly contradicts multiple aspects of our use of force and training," Magnus said. 

what @Captainant said. 

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

He fucking murdered a guy on a rascal and they can't even use stronger language than "violated department procedures". An arrest or charges are typically in order after a crime, not a strongly worded letter

He also has a union backing him.  HIs bosses are following the procedures that they have too, and they also know that they have washed their hands of the matter and it's up to the DA now.

Yes, it sucks, especially since if this was a civilian doing that to a guy in a Rascal, the police officials would be calling the civilian all kinds of names, animal, thug, etc.

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

He fucking murdered a guy on a rascal and they can't even use stronger language than "violated department procedures". An arrest or charges are typically in order after a crime, not a strongly worded letter

Is it strongly worded or not?  Sounds like you need to make up your mind. I guess you and shadow are conveniently ignoring the fact that the guy said he was “deeply disturbed and troubled by [his] actions.”

And of course the guy should be charged. I’m merely talking about one guy’s crusade here to have a much stronger statement about the incident, and I’m merely pointing out the idiocy of doing so. 

• 4 weeks later...

Took them 5 weeks to fire him.  It's gonna take awhile to get him on a murder charge.  He probably sees trial by the end of the calendar year though. 

Juries are tired of this shit.  If this cop has half a brain, he'll blow the other half out of the back of his skull before he's arraigned.  

(for you civil litigators out there---I know he was muni employee at the time with qualified immunity, but now that he's been fired---who/what is the best to sue if you're one of those employees who could have easily been shot and suffered emotional/psychological/mental/financial duress?)