Cop murders a guy in a rascal scooter, shooting him in the back nine times from close range

shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

you know what i found was interesting was how emotionally invested certain folks are that a wrong conviction be found in that instance.  folks that haven't ever watched a trial in their lives were glued to the screens on that one.

I’ll take your word on that one. You seem like a reasonable fellow. I just saw that thread basically stickies to the top of DT with you and the other 6 folks in the brainworms crew as the most recent poster every time.

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’ll take your word on that one. You seem like a reasonable fellow. I just saw that thread basically stickies to the top of DT with you and the other 6 folks in the brainworms crew as the most recent poster every time.

im on a pay-per-post arrangement with immamac and just trying to hit my KPIs

9 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

He stole from Wally World and tried to make it to the Lowe's for sanctuary. 

Thank you for giving me the first line from my new novel about a future dystopian society where corporations have replaced countries. I had no intention of writing such a novel, but holy shit an entire world springs forth from that one sentence 

I'll mail you a check for 9.95 A$ (AmazonBucks)

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yep.  You can be damn sure the police department has been advised by counsel about the possibility of a civil suit, and advised on communications to the public.  In that situation, I'd expect the policy to publicly admonish the cop's actions and say "that's now how we do things here," and little else.

I'm interested if Walmart has anything to say, because it's a likely target of a civil action as well.  I'm not sure how strong an independent contractor defense might be under Arizona law (and consider the fact that the dipshit murdering cop wasn't even on Walmart premises when he shot the victim), but it's likely a lawyer for the deceased estate is going after Walmart.

And the department and cop unions probably want to be really careful about this one, because it could affect their moonlighting gigs.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Thank you for giving me the first line from my new novel about a future dystopian society where corporations have replaced countries. I had no intention of writing such a novel, but holy shit an entire world springs forth from that one sentence 

I'll mail you a check for 9.95 A$ (AmazonBucks)

Future society ?  We’re living it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the 2nd biggest tragedy is that the tax payers are going to have to pay for this fuckup's fuckup

If you or I fuck around and end somebody's life like that, we can be sued into oblivion.

Cops can resign and go join another police department and keep their benefits/etc. intact.

Open up those pensions to lawsuits and you'd see the cops police themselves.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I'm guessing the elderly motorized wheelchair community is going to burn down a Luby's in Tuscan this evening. 

There’s  a Luby’s in Tuscany? How did that one survive and not the one in my neighborhood?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Lobo said:

(note to self---create Netflix series about scooter-bound elderly whose fixed incomes are running out and they are forced to joust one another in the aisles of Hobby Lobby for the CEO's entertainment; nobody is to be killed, the idea is that the threat of the knife will force one or the other to fall off their Rascal and break a hip.).  

"Rascal Flights", "Rascal Fights", "Scooter Shooter", we'll workshop the titles. 

Out For Bloodthinners

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Meh, they always put cops someplace special in prison so this kinda shit doesn't happen.  

In this case, best thing you can do is get to a guard with some monetary incentives or take care of some problem he's having at home.  He puts the idea in the prisoner's head that he's going to be moved back someday in with GenPop and a lot folks that he put in there.  Start gaslighting the guy every chance you get.  And then one day the guard says, "Sorry man, blue line all the way.  But I heard they're moving you next week.  I'm just gonna leave this here if you wanna take the honorable way out before those fucking animals get to you.  I'll make sure it looks right to the outside.  Blue line brutha, see you on the other side..." 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah that’s funny, I laughed, but of course not what I was talking to about, and the cabal still refuses to acknowledge cause the cabal gotta cabal.  

strong defensive posture against future petty theft, though. i can only assume you'll see a decrease in walmart thefts from paraplegics riding rascal scooters moving forward.

25 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Fact: if not for the existence of two separate videos showing the world a virtually 360 degree view of the murder as it occurred, everyone who or profits or earns an income from our disgusting law enforcement industry would already be telling lie, after lie, after lie, to keep this murderer on the job.

^^listen to this man on the topic. he was ahead of his time.

• Haha 2

Gotta make it home to the family somehow. 

"Daddy, did you stop bad guys and save good guys today at work?"
"Absolutely son, I'm a real hero.  I waited until a disabled person was dead on the ground, murdered by my colleague, and then handcuffed them so they could no longer be a threat to society.  All the while, contemplating what I was going to falsely say to Internal Affairs to keep my job so I can do this again next month."  

13 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i did notice the brave cops were able to immediately handcuff the dead disabled guy. So good on them.

I'll admit I chuckled at that part of the video.  The dude is in his 60s and gets around in a motorized cart.  Oh, and he's just been shot to death.  But yeah, let's get those cuffs on quickly so he can't flee.

Guys, guys, we just need to see the full video.

Attorney Michael Storie, who is representing Remington, said in an interview with CNN, "The selected clips that were presented at that press conference constitute only half of the story."

"In any of these types of things, if you cut and paste a video, it will not properly lay out the officer's impressions and state of mind leading to a decision to employ force of any kind," Storie said.

CNN.com

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude..... zombies.....

(note to self---every Zombie movie is one of two types.  The slow moving one that just sort of stumbles aimlessly through fields trying to find brains.  The other is the fast moving Zombie like World War Z style that expends every bit of energy to get to the next potential infection...if it can't make...it serves as a vehicle by which others infecteds can make it.  What our police/zombie thriller will have instead...is Zombies on Rascal Scooters!)

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

I have no idea of the makeup of a potential jury pool in Tuscon, Arizona, but all things being equal, if Derek Chauvin was convicted of murder, I don't see this shitbag walking. 

~25 years ago, I spent a summer in Tucson. Other than the oven-like heat, I liked it a lot. Cool, laid back, young college crowd. Diverse, liberal leaning. Completely the opposite of Phoenix.

The surrounding county/suburbs might be more Phoenix-like.

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I love using this gif whenever the opportunity presents itself.  You beat me to it, you bastard.

when i read nine times and I immediately questioned nine times, then i reflexively responded in rooney's voice. 100 years from now, our great grand kids will be doing the same every time they hear "nine times."

31 minutes ago, faps said:

If Lowe's didn't happen to have a camera right there, the cop's bodycam would've somehow malfunctioned during the shooting.

It’s amazing to me that nobody has figured how to only allow police body and dash cams to do software updates when they are off duty.  Nope, every fucking time they head out on patrol, they all seem to conveniently click “agree to update policies here.”

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It’s amazing to me that nobody has figured how to only allow police body and dash cams to do software updates when they are off duty.  Nope, every fucking time they head out on patrol, they all seem to conveniently click “agree to update policies here.”

If it works like my computer, it only updates -- without letting you opt out of it -- at 6:30 in the evening, when you're shutting down in a hurry because you're already late to something else, and instead of turning off, you spend the next 15 minutes watching "update 3% complete................................................update 5% complete................................update 7% complete...................."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

(note to self---create Netflix series about scooter-bound elderly whose fixed incomes are running out and they are forced to joust one another in the aisles of Hobby Lobby for the CEO's entertainment; nobody is to be killed, the idea is that the threat of the knife will force one or the other to fall off their Rascal and break a hip.).  

"Rascal Flights", "Rascal Fights", "Scooter Shooter", we'll workshop the titles. 

rascal splatts. i'll let you know where to advance my royalties

• Haha 1

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Nine times.

How many in the clip? 10? was he saving one just in case?

Again, I'm a HUGE fan of the gratuitous 9th shot.  You've just perforated the shit out of a dude in a scooter, 4 feet away, he's already in the act of falling over dead, and you toss another round in him, just for shits and giggles.  Fucking psychopathic.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, I'm a HUGE fan of the gratuitous 9th shot.  You've just perforated the shit out of a dude in a scooter, 4 feet away, he's already in the act of falling over dead, and you toss another round in him, just for shits and giggles.  Fucking psychopathic.

If I'm scooter guy's attorney, I'm making a big deal about that ninth shot, in opening, examination, and closing.  And showing the video of that ninth shot as many times as I can. 

Buncha trigger-happy, blood-thirsty savages we've become.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

If I'm scooter guy's attorney, I'm making a big deal about that ninth shot, in opening, examination, and closing.  And showing the video of that ninth shot as many times as I can. 

Buncha trigger-happy, blood-thirsty savages we've become.

Culturally, across the board, I feel like we've become the Far Side cartoon on Equine Medicine -- no matter what the problem, there's one solution:

e774d8aea2efd03854c2972ebf24b3f6.jpg

It's fucking fucked up.  The LAST option, the one to be avoided if at all possible, in ANY circumstance, is using lethal force against another human being.

You shot a fucking dude in a RASCAL, for fuck's sake.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Nine times.

How many in the clip? 10? was he saving one just in case?

in case the motherfucker has 9 lives.

edit: on second thought, 8 would've been enough. he used one to get in the wheel chair.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Culturally, across the board, I feel like we've become the Far Side cartoon on Equine Medicine -- no matter what the problem, there's one solution:

e774d8aea2efd03854c2972ebf24b3f6.jpg

It's fucking fucked up.  The LAST option, the one to be avoided if at all possible, in ANY circumstance, is using lethal force against another human being.

You shot a fucking dude in a RASCAL, for fuck's sake.  

Lulz.  The police guide is looking like:

Black - Shoot

White - Shoot

Young - Shoot

Old - Shoot

Fleeing in a car - Shoot

Fleeing on a motorized wheelchair - Shoot

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Lulz.  The police guide is looking like:

Black - Shoot

White - Shoot

Young - Shoot

Old - Shoot

Fleeing in a car - Shoot

Fleeing on a motorized wheelchair - Shoot

Why'd you leave out dogs?   Negged.   Or wait.....you should probably be shot.  Negging is for pussies who don't care about making it home safe to their families.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

"Your honor, as there has been no previous case to teach my client that shooting a man in a motorized wheelchair in the back is illegal, he had no way of knowing such a thing is wrong."

“You’re honor, it clearly states in the officer code of engagement that force is authorized to stop a motor vehicle from entering a crowded area.  Now have you ever been to a lowes during a holiday weekend?”