E3 2018

HornsOverIthaca

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Ohh so in for this:

2 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Skull & Bones looks like everything Sea of Thieves should have been.

Did Fastbreak from the old site make it over here?  Surprised he hasn't popped in on this thread.  IIRC, he did some work on the development of S&B.

I'm really surprised we didn't see the Avengers game that SE is working on. Seems like it's behind schedule, which is frustrating as the lack of good superhero games in the Marvel universe is evident. That being said, Spiderman makes me really, really jealous as a Xbox player.

9 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

YouTube Gaming is interviewing Kojima right now, so hopefully, he answers that.

Man, I'm hoping for a lot of these games we saw on E3 to come out this year. Based off E3 the games I want right now are(in no particular order)

Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Cyberpunk 2077

Spiderman(pre-ordered)

AC Odyssey(going to preorder)

Elder Scroll 6(I know didn't reveal much but  still)

Doom Eternal

Halo Infinite

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Wolfenstein Youngblood

I feel like all(except spiderman and AC Odyssey) will come out in 2019. If so, I think next year will be the better year for games compared to this. 

Just got around to watching some of the Sony videos.   Initial thoughts:

Last of Us 2 - No HUD?  Gameplay looked super smooth.  Definitely in.  Naughty Dog delivers.

Days Gone - Looks a bit like Last of Us #1.

Ghost of Tsushima - Amazing environment.  They really put effort into the details to make the world seem alive.  Like Last of Us 2, I didn't notice any HUD.  Hopefully the combat isn't like Fury.  That gets really tedious for me.

Death Stranding - WTF?  Time (and space?) traveling delivery boy fighting invisible monsters with baby Quatto?  Mind blown.

Kingdom Hearts 3  - Too much anime for me.  Out.

@FunkSoulBrother - You listed games that are PlayStation (Last of Us 2) and Xbone (Halo Infinite) exclusives AFAIK.  Hope you have both consoles.

I hate to throw out this cliche term, but Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima truly look next-gen. If all of that was truly gameplay and not doctored in anyway (which I believe it is all legit), there are some incredible contextual animations going on in real time.

14 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Like the whales are bleaching their arseholes?

Exactly.  Also If you date a killer whale, no one will notice the black eyes.

Anyway...  what’s to look forward to this fall?

Spider-man - September 7

MegaMan 11 - October 2

Read Dead Redemption 2 - October 26

Fallout 76 - November 14

On 6/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, bernorange said:

Did Fastbreak from the old site make it over here?  Surprised he hasn't popped in on this thread.  IIRC, he did some work on the development of S&B.

I am at e3 right now. Skull and Bones is definitely  surprising a lot of people. We took home the gamespot best of e3 award yesterday. 

I’ve been doing lots of live tweets from the show at #skullandbones.

• Like 3

I am at e3 right now. Skull and Bones is definitely  surprising a lot of people. We took home the gamespot best of e3 award yesterday. 
I’ve been doing lots of live tweets from the show at #skullandbones.

Ah man, the envy I have for you is so great that it shows me that I still have a long way to go still in my journey through Stoicism.

I’m not surprised it’s winning awards though, the game looks beautiful, and Assassins Creed Rogue has been a favorite of mine simply because the sea battles. Make that multiplayer and you have a dream game.

• 2 months later...