2022 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees

BigDHornfan

On 2/3/2022 at 8:43 AM, The University said:

anyone actually visited the hof? is it as exciting as eating a burger in a hard rock cafe?

Wife was up in Cleveland on business 10-15 years ago and her and a colleague were thinking about dropping by after work one day. Nope, closed at 5PM.  WTF? It shouldn't even open before 5PM.

Edited by davidg
forgot what shitty town it is actually in

According to some, Cleveland is the greatest city ever.  Actually it's not as bad as most people think, but it's still pretty fucking bad.  

But yeah, that the Hall closes at 5:00p has always cracked me up.  Thursday nights are open late, but I would think that half the people in town for business would love to head over there in the evenings and check it out the other 4 nights of the workweek, but the 5:00p hard closing time is just bizarre.  It's not like they're taking 1st graders through there on field trips in the morning, stretch that shit out man.  Then again, I could easily spend 10-5 in there and still be hankering for more.  

Anyway, who's on next year's ballot?  

20 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Is there a reason the HOF hates classic rock from the 1970’s/1980’s?  Groups like Foreigner, Boston, Bad Company, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Grand Funk Railroad, seem to be HOF worthy yet

of course they are but it will look silly if Dave Grohl inducts more than one bad a year.  oh and TMWG

21 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Is there a reason the HOF hates classic rock from the 1970’s/1980’s?  Groups like Foreigner, Boston, Bad Company, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Grand Funk Railroad, seem to be HOF worthy yet the HOF is more interested in rap/pop acts or obscure acts.  That being said, Lionel Richie is a musical genius and he and the Commodores should be in along with Pat Benatar and A Tribe Called Quest.

Also, Underdog’s take on Carly Simon having the best Bond song is absolutely correct.  Nobody does it better is great and a close second would be For Your Eyes Only.  Older folks might go with something like Goldfinger but I digress.

I'd have to vote for Live and Let Die but Nobody Does It Better is in the top 5 for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

4 hours ago, yoladu said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/entertainment/dolly-parton-withdraws-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-cec/index.html

Dolly Parton bows out of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominations

Dolly Parton is a bad ass. That is all.

Dolly with the "Wait, I'm nominated for the Rock n Roll HOF? you people are weird." fly-by.  Awesome.