Kurt Warner breaks down the Bengals defense

Rimbo

I think Burrow will have a hard time with the Rams' DL. But if he can avoid from getting Colt McCoy'd in the title game, the Rams' secondary is suspect, and those WRs will have a field day.

Other thing I see in this video is that the Bengals can drop 8 and rush 3 and still protect against the run; their run fits are solid, and the LB's don't commit to their positions in the field until they see the QB drop back.

It's just an impressive, impressive defensive scheme. No big names, but everyone is very smart about where to go and when. It's fucking brilliant, it is. I mean, it made Mahomes and KC look like chumps for half a game.

Can't wait to watch what will happen. Rams have all the big names but man, Cincy is a damned good football team.

I'd like to see Kurt breaking down the Steelers defense when James Harrison picked off his pass in the end zone for a 100-yard pick-6 that lost the Superbowl (despite the blatant holding on the run that wasn't called by the crooked refs).

Was this on Larry Fitzgerald who ran off the field of play when not allowed to do so? Well not legally without receiving a flag.

7 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

Just bumping. Might generate some SB football talk before the game thread.

Watching it again I expect the Rams to dial up a shitload of running plays and delayed shovel passes.

That would work, but I expect McVay to be too addicted to passing to run it enough.

Just now, Texzilla58 said:

Watching this video, it’s obvious Dallas doesn’t have half the brains required to pull a defense like this.

And they have amazing speed and endurance to be able to keep up with the kinds of WRs that they've shut down, too. But I don't think this is a "Dallas D are dumb" so much as "Bengals D are smart." It's a brilliant scheme executed by very intelligent and athletic players, most of whom you've never heard of.

The more I look at the Bengals, the more I wonder why the Rams are the favorites.