Moving to Maui

Hank_Hill

Damn. We stayed on Front Street a few years ago (walking distance to downtown and Baby Beach). Such a great area. We had a couple of dinners at Fleetwood’s and they let my then 9 year old son sit behind the drum set. We’ll keep an eye out for donation opportunities. 

We had our big summer vacation last year in Captiva. I need to stop going on vacations. Sorry Hank. Got a condo in Kihei. I'm going on 40 hours without a wink of sleep. Just awful. Family at breakfast in front of us this morning at Zippy's in Kahului talking about how they lost everything including a house that has been in the family for 60 years. So sad. 

That is fucking devastating. Good lord. I will post some pictures and videos at some point from our vantage. I would have never guessed in a million years that the fires we were watching from the car could have caused that kind of damage. The wind was insane and it was obvious some structures on the South end of town were going to be affected but it just did not look like the kind of blaze that was going to level the entire town. Man oh man. I even had a video of us in the car waiting for the road to open kind of making fun of our predicament. Deleted and frankly ashamed. @Hank_Hill please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or the local community out before Friday other than just getting out of your hair ASAP. RIP to those who were lost.