2022 Albums

BigOrange1

I know this is maybe off the beaten path for a lot of you but this dude is super fucking talented and one of probably the best 5 rappers out there making music right now. 

He didn't mix his/this album for shit - a lot of it sounds terrible - but this may be my leader in the clubhouse for my favorite song of 2022.

Edited by ztejas

I just reminded myself of this tonight. Playing off of this thread because it was brought up here and I'll tag the relevant parties. @NOMAAA @joe dirt I've had a working theory for awhile that AM by Arctic Monkeys was sort of a rip of the sound of Coastal Grooves by Blood Orange (Dev Hynes). It's well documented that Dev and AM frontman Alex Turner are good buddies. Some of the similarities across the two records are undeniable. 

That's just two tracks. Can't remember if there are more examples - I think there are. Anyway - as much as I like AM - yeah - it was basically an intellectual theft of something Dev Hynes had already done. Listening to it again I'd hardly call it a "theory".

Yeah here's another glaring one. 

Edited by ztejas

• 4 weeks later...