steve schmidt v meghan mccain

henrygandorf

Longtime MSNBC analyst Malcolm Nance revealed Monday that he is in Ukraine, fighting as part of that country’s international legion against invading Russian forces.

“The more I saw of the war going on, the more I thought I’m done talking. … So about a month ago I joined the international legion here in Ukraine,” Nance said on Twitter, where he also shared video of an appearance by video on MSNBC’s “The Reid Out.”

“This is an existential war and Russia has brought it to these people and they are mass murdering civilians, and there are people here like me who are here to do something about it.”

“I’m DONE talking,” Nance said in a follow-up tweet. MSNBC told The Daily Beast that Nance is no longer employed as ananalyst for the network now that he has joined Ukrainian armed forces.

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1516218372324741127?s=20&t=W1Q-1oUgtwcs-_kV98jJWw

I can’t imagine wanting to read a book by Meghan McCain. I doubt that there’s anything to learn there. Hell, I wouldn’t read a book by Steve Schmidt either. When it comes to politics, I’d rather read books by journalists, people who cover it, not people who take part in it. (Although there are exceptions like some unelected officials and members of the military and/or intelligence services).

I miss the gonzo journalism of Hunter S. Thompson. It’s too bad he’s not around anymore. He’d have a feast on our current political climate. The last of his books I read was Better Than Sex, covering the 1992 presidential campaign. I reread it a few years ago. It’s still great.

2A13AB8B-881A-4A80-A6B8-CA0B4033C4ED.png.fd4c16584ac097ab9661da7033fed062.png