Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

image.png.49e061252732c3c4cb4eba6cfede6717.png

Climate Cataclysm, Climate Crisis, Climate Threat, Climate Disaster, International Climate Emergency, Worldwide Climate Emergency.

I hate that editors and talking heads and even reporters are too fucking lazy to look at the way they are wording something and see that it is inapt. Climate Change is safe for them because it's so milky and dull. It's also inaccurate at this point.

Somebody needs to yell, SHARK! 

spacer.png

GbM96I.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, RomaVicta said:

Climate Cataclysm, Climate Crisis, Climate Threat, Climate Disaster, International Climate Emergency, Worldwide Climate Emergency.

I hate that editors and talking heads and even reporters are too fucking lazy to look at the way they are wording something and see that it is inapt. Climate Change is safe for them because it's so milky and dull. It's also inaccurate at this point.

Roma. You are 100% spot on. "Climate change" is nowhere near accurate/serious enough to describe what humanity is doing to Planet Earth—from global warming ... to plastic-filled rivers/oceans ... to CO2 spewing in the atmosphere ... to loss of biodiversity .... to habit destruction ... to humanity creating its own fossil layers as we transform the Earth's surface and ecosystems. Scientists have a name for it: the "Anthropocene," the human epoch. And it is leading to the 6th Extinction Event.

Most of the world is in denial.

Similarly, pundits, editors, talking heads, and almost all the mainstream media do the exact same thing with MAGA-GQP-Republican Party. They are not mere "conservatives" ... or "hard right ... or "extremists" ... or "evangelicals" ... or "Christian nationalists." These terms are too neutral, not strong enough, or longer even accurate. It's clear to anyone with the eyes and ears open, MAGA-GQP-Republicans are fascists and theocrats, at least according to any dictionary not tossed out of a Texas high school library. The MAGA-GQP-Republican goal, as they have repeatedly said and shown is to install and impose fascism (racist, nationalist, authoritarian, suppression of opposition), backed with violence, all under Biblical rule, i.e., a theocracy. That's the goal. They are working hard on it. They are making it happen. 

Fascism and theocracy need to used in the headlines and all talking points when discussing Trump, Abbott, MAGA, GQP, Republicans. But it won't happen.

Most of America is in denial. That apparently includes most Democrats. 

Same with terms like climate catastrophe, climate cataclysm, Anthropocene, etc. Not happening either.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

Most of the world is in denial.

....Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Perhaps the slimmest difference between Shelley's poem and the future is that no human will be left to record the hubris of our species.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1