Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm very tempted to neg this.  

I expected that might occur. I'll leave it lie, but a picture of a school room heavily puddled with blood and obliterated body parts doesn't make me worry about their lonely dogs at home. A depiction of the dog to show the loss trivializes the image of that room to me. Not greatly trivialize but enough to make my eyebrow go up.

I'll likely invite another neg by saying that I think this country is dog-crazy almost to the level of pathology. I like dogs and they like me. I would never harm one and would help one in distress. An individual who loses his/her dog is rightfully mournful. It's the culture that's grown up around it that seems off to me.

Just my perspective, my friend.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I expected that might occur. I'll leave it lie, but a picture of a school room heavily puddled with blood and obliterated body parts doesn't make me worry about their lonely dogs at home. A depiction of the dog to show the loss trivializes the image of that room to me. Not greatly trivialize but enough to make my eyebrow go up.

I'll likely invite another neg by saying that I think this country is dog-crazy almost to the level of pathology. I like dogs and they like me. I would never harm one and would help one in distress. An individual who loses his/her dog is rightfully mournful. It's the culture that's grown up around it that seems off to me.

I also disagree. But I also respect your perspective. 

The thing is it's not just about the dog. It powerfully communicates the greater horror in a subtle manner. I guess I just feel it. But I could be wrong.

Whatever you do don't go watch Futurama episode 61.

Edited by Walser
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Walser said:

I also disagree. But I also respect your perspective. 

The thing is it's not just about the dog. It powerfully communicates the greater horror in a subtle manner. I guess I just feel it. But I could be wrong.

Whatever you do don't go watch Futurama episode 61.

Thanks for the warning. I've managed to not see that show at all so far. I think there's an interesting line that separates age groups. On one side, you have people that don't like black and white movies. On the other, you have people that can't get into an animated series.

Have a good weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

For as empathetic and thoughtful as your posts usually are, this is a weird departure.

• Hook 'Em 1