Sportscars 2024: IMSA Long Beach 3:30pm Saturday April 20, WEC 6 Hours Imola 8am Sunday April 21

elfenix

11 hours ago, wood said:

I wish Creventic still came to COTA. Are they gonna take a break for sleep and then restart in the a.m. like they did here, or are they gonna go continuously through the night?

this is a recording.  i think they went through the night.  usually the dubai 24h is 2 weeks before daytona but they had to move it to the same weekend (thanks houthis).  so some big name drivers that would have been there weren't. 

still, not a bad thing to watch on one of the deadest sports weekends of the year.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, elfenix said:

this is a recording.  i think they went through the night.  usually the dubai 24h is 2 weeks before daytona but they had to move it to the same weekend (thanks houthis).  so some big name drivers that would have been there weren't. 

still, not a bad thing to watch on one of the deadest sports weekends of the year.

Yeah I think I'll check it out some tonight. Thanks for the link!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • elfenix changed the title to Sportscars 2024: Bathurst 12 Hour Saturday Feb. 17
10 hours ago, elfenix said:
  Hide contents

utter dominance by the #912 grello porsche.  2.5 seconds over 12 hours but it wasn't anywhere near that close. 

Campbell's on a roll, winning at Daytona in the 24 and then in the next race at Bathurst.

• elfenix changed the title to Sportscars 2024: WEC Qatar 1812, Sat. Mar. 2 6 am

WEC season kicks off with the Qatar 1812km on Saturday. WEC is available as an add on for Max subscribers as well as being available thru the motortrend streaming service. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

(still making my way through the 1812) lap 78/335 commentary is talking about GT3 cars being a mix of family sedans and supercars: "the kind of cars that give jeremy clarkson trouser trouble" 🤣

First twenty minutes and already a lot of issues. A GTD McLaren in the garage, a spinning Ferrari miraculously missed collecting half the GT field, several punctures in the prototypes, all sorts of stuff

28 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

#6 Porsche self crashes due to left rear flat while leading. Karma is served. 

Why, what did he do? Haven't been watching the whole time.

Posted (edited)

The #57 Winward Racing group is out of Pasadena Tx.  New shop to open at the end of the month.  They won class at the Rolex 24 and tonight.  Looking legit. 

I'm thinking about applying as sammich maker or janitor. 

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Here's all the highlights, bump up to the 12:30 mark for this particular incident.

Yeah fuck that guy. She oughta press charges for attempted murder. Any idea who was driving the 6 when that happened?

Edited by wood

That video also confirms what I thought about Derani's Whelen Cadillac crash. He just didn't give the Ferrari any room & had plenty on his left as he made what should be a very easy pass on a much slower car. Such a needless crash, esp from the lead. That's the most common mistake I see from prototype drivers passing sportscars. So stupid & careless. Didn't help the other guy's race any, either. Some of those guys drive like the slower cars just cease to exist once they catch 'em, or like the other classes don't have a right to any room on the track.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

^^ 99 percent it was Jaminet. 

It was Mackowiecki. He was also in the car when the left rear went down (same corner he hit Legge with). Was that right after he tried to kill Legge or was it later? BTW that Gradient car Legge was in is from Austin (Round Rock)

Looking at the IMSA upcoming events, there is an entry for COTA during April 2024.  Looking at the COTA website, they show the "Ferrari Challenge" for that weekend.  So....wtf is the Ferrari Challenge?  Is this something they've done before?

The Ferrari Challenge has been around since the 90s.

All Ferrari race, not the prototypes or anything, just actual Ferraris. Lots of owner-drivers, etc. was originally created to give Ferrari owners a chance to race their cars.

Lamborghini and Porsche have their own similar series. They all fall under the IMSA banner.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/16/2024 at 8:48 PM, Bevo&Pevo said:

The #57 Winward Racing group is out of Pasadena Tx.  New shop to open at the end of the month.  They won class at the Rolex 24 and tonight.  Looking legit. 

I'm thinking about applying as sammich maker or janitor. 

it's all funkygarage

bowsette sticker on the bulkhead behind the driver:

• Like 1

• elfenix changed the title to Sportscars 2024: IMSA Long Beach 3:30pm Saturday April 20, WEC 6 Hours Imola 8am Sunday April 21