36 injured, 11 seriously, after Hawaiian Airlines flight experiences "severe turbulence,"

RPM

12 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Did anyone from the company or the feds contact you afterward?

Someone met us at the gate. I think it was someone senior at the airport, not the airline itself, but don't recall what capacity. They only thing he asked was if we were okay, but he asked every group that question as we came through the door. I don't know if he asked any other questions of people behind me, or that lingered. I was in GTFO Dodge mode at that point, so I moved through pretty quickly. I'm not sure whether anyone tried to follow up. I was in WY doing field work for the summer and it was pre-cell phone days. My old apartment phone number would have rung as disconnected. 

Follow up, did the noise continue after attaining the lower altitude or did it stop?

It continued until we landed and then stopped when we slowed down. 

Also possible they were getting a door unsafe light and decided to descend and depressurize per a checklist. 

That definitely seems possible. It was a much steeper descent than I've ever experienced. They dropped it with a purpose, really quickly.

By the time we noticed the noise, and the FA notified the pilots, the pilot already had us at ~11,000. It makes sense that they wouldn't be worried about it at that altitude, especially if they were already aware of it from a sensor. 

Appreciate the feedback, it's been interesting getting your perspective. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1