King Cake

Etexhorn13

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Meche’s delivers. It slams.

Are you referring to Meche’s in Lafayette? We have some friends that love Meche’s (I don’t mind it at all and will never turn down a king cake From there) but the best king cake in Lafayette is from Keller’s, and they charge a premium to ship. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Meche’s delivers. It slams.

I really hope you’re talking about a Meche’s in Houston 

17 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Are you referring to Meche’s in Lafayette? We have some friends that love Meche’s (I don’t mind it at all and will never turn down a king cake From there) but the best king cake in Lafayette is from Keller’s, and they charge a premium to ship. 

I really hope you’re talking about a Meche’s in Houston 

In Lafayette. Yes they deliver.

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

That’s what I figured. And don’t get me wrong, I love Meche’s,  but it’s essentially a giant donut cake. If you’ve never had Keller’s in Lafayette I’d suggest you change that (they ship too, it’s just expensive AF) It would be nice to throw a Mardi Gras party with some local king cake to save some money but also not be Kroger or heb variety shit.

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My wife and I are basically high school sweethearts; I’ve had every king cake in that town over the last 15 or so years… Keller’s stands out as the best of the best even over some of the New Orleans king cakes a friend of mine sends every year. 

6 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

That’s what I figured. And don’t get me wrong, I love Meche’s,  but it’s essentially a giant donut cake. If you’ve never had Keller’s in Lafayette I’d suggest you change that (they ship too, it’s just expensive AF) It would be nice to throw a Mardi Gras party with some local king cake to save some money but also not be Kroger or heb variety shit.

My ULL guys say the Kroger Signature on Buffalo Speedway and Westpark sell a king cake from New Orleans. I don’t remember the name of the bakery. But it’s one of the good ones. 

Yes Meche’s is a giant donut. Not cheap, and not for everybody , but I loved it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...