“Perfect” songs

Doc Daneeka

I never get tired of listening to this.  It is a perfect arrangement of a perfect song.   The subtlety of the kiss-off in music and verse is absolutely stunning.  And in this case the band is so tight behind him, but allows Willie to do his Willie thing and jazz it up a bit.  I know I've posted this half a dozen times in various places here it's like a musical deconstructed hamburger.  In any case, here it is again because it fits here.  

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

And another perfect song this morning.  It may be worthy of another thread, but how many songs are there out there with this literary tone?  Most break up songs are "f you I'm leaving or becuase you're leaving".  There's always an undercurrent of bitterness or animosity.  The opposite is true here.  It might be worthy of a whole other thread topic.  Or, it might just be a very short thread.  

I'm not sure whether Ray or Jamey did it better.  You be the judge.  Or maybe you like Elvis's version, or Al Green's, or...

• Like 1