Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

That penalty incident makes me wonder about the recovery of VAR time in games.

~22:15 Son foul in the box - no call, play continues
~23:30 Stoppage of play after that no call
~23:45 VAR review is called for
~24:30 VAR returns with a penalty call

They give back the 1 minute of VAR time, but do they give back the minute of play that ultimate wouldn't have happened?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Richarlison would have scored the header if Romero hadn't. 

Maddison fed Richarlison a perfect pass in the middle of the box, right in front of the net, and Richy takes an extra touch that allows time for Brentford to block his shot.  He's going to continue getting chances in Ange's system, but he's going to have to do a helluva lot better than he did last year. He got better as the game went on, but neither of our front 3 did much. That will most likely change under Ange, but today, they were invisible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Maddison fed Richarlison a perfect pass in the middle of the box, right in front of the net, and Richy takes an extra touch that allows time for Brentford to block his shot.  He's going to continue getting chances in Ange's system, but he's going to have to do a helluva lot better than he did last year. He got better as the game went on, but neither of our front 3 did much. That will most likely change under Ange, but today, they were invisible. 

I'd argue that Brentford aren't a great match up for us since they want to sit back and counter. They were also have big ass CBs, Collins is 6-4 and Ajer is 6-5.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Postecoglu's teams generally start slow as they get used to the system. I'll gladly take the draw.

That was my thinking too (I had to drive to Vermont after mowing the lawn). We have a new coach, a huge change that just took place in the last few days. This team was going to take some time to get the scheme right. The draw was fine with me today, as was the overall performance. Just keep improving.

• Hook 'Em 2