Spurs 2023-24: Let's Put Another Shrimp on the Barbie!

Schulz2.0

Richarlison looks to need to get his head right. He missed a sitter against Bolivia in this international break and was in tears on the bench later.

I am very much not ready to give up on this guy, he's too good.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12960663/richarlison-tottenham-and-brazil-striker-to-seek-help-of-psychologist-to-break-premier-league-goal-drought

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, midtown said:

Match day. Unfortunately I'll be touring the wine region here in Chile. Still repping with my new Romero shirt.

Went to a match here for Colo Colo. Awesome time. Amazing view. Crowds are freaking rowdy. No alcohol served.

COYS PXL_20230916_103627733.jpgPXL_20230915_204023040.jpgPXL_20230914_220133436.jpg

I don’t know man, wine just might be a touch ahead of soccer, at least to me. 

These are always good reads:

https://www.thescore.com/eng_fed/news/2715181

Richarlison rises above

What a moment for Richarlison.

The Brazilian, in tears on the bench during his country's World Cup qualifying win over Bolivia eight days ago, opened up about a trying last five months in his personal life, saying that he would seek a psychologist upon his return to England.

"I went through a turbulent time in the last five months off the field. Now things are right at home," the 26-year-old explained. "People who only had an eye on my money walked away from me. Now things will start to flow, I'm sure I'll get a good run at Tottenham and make things happen again."

It was a welcome moment of vulnerability from a professional footballer, and the response to his candid revelation, particularly from empathetic Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou, was heartwarming and refreshing. Against that backdrop, Richarlison's game-changing performance off the bench against Sheffield United on Saturday carried additional weight. He came on with Spurs trailing 1-0 and proceeded to equalize in the 98th minute before setting up Dejan Kulusevski's 100th-minute winner, playing a starring role in the latest-ever comeback victory in Premier League history.

On the field, it was obviously encouraging to see the Brazilian make such a crucial contribution after his well-documented issues finding the net for Tottenham since his arrival at the club; he now has two league tallies for Spurs since his move from Everton in 2022. Far more importantly, though, it was lovely to see the way his teammates rallied around him in the aftermath, celebrating and supporting someone who has been open about his off-pitch struggles and who is clearly a popular player within the squad.

Postecoglou, who said he's trying to create an environment where his players can "feel comfortable to come into that space," deserves immense credit for the way he's managed the situation on a human level. The affable bench boss has quickly changed the culture at Tottenham. The club, and Richarlison, are benefitting as a result.

• Hook 'Em 1