Liverpool FC 2023-24: Return of the Mac Allister

Firemans4Horn

Klopp had his final pregame press conference. Talked about Matip and Thiago as both are leaving the club. Sunday will be tough. I hope Peacock sticks with the postgame so everyone can watch his final goodbye. 

I know people hate the Nike kits but I rather like these. Have kinda a strange shape on the players but I like all the yellow.

I’m also checks over stripes generally. Don’t like being part of the Adidas template style shirts.

Just now, mdmost said:

They might grow on me but I have zero desire to get one. I don't mind the Adidas template because it reminds me of the time Liverpool first popped into my conscious in 2008.

I stopped buying the shirts cuz I’m just not in good enough shape as I’ve gotten older to pull them off lol. Only time I get them now is for trophies. I have the Champions League shirt with #6 on the back. I have the Prem with #19 on the back (for the 19th time, not the 19 season. Didn’t like the 19-20 thing on those shirts).

I still have Carra’s and Stevie’s last shirts around here somewhere.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I stopped buying the shirts cuz I’m just not in good enough shape as I’ve gotten older to pull them off lol. Only time I get them now is for trophies. I have the Champions League shirt with #6 on the back. I have the Prem with #19 on the back (for the 19th time, not the 19 season. Didn’t like the 19-20 thing on those shirts).

I still have Carra’s and Stevie’s last shirts around here somewhere.

Well like many things I have collected in my days, I have way too many Liverpool shirts and don't need anymore. I got the Champions of Europe shirt they released back 2019. A few I turned into shirts I wear when I go riding like this morning. I didn't mind the Warrior/New Era run. They did a lot of nice polo type shirts. I was hoping Nike would do more of those but Nike tends to do tight collars and sleeves now. I still have a Firmino name set that I was going to put on one of my shirts but I'm lazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I don't envy Slot. This is going to be a really tough act to follow. It just sucks he didn't get more titles but he's 100% right that winning 1 title at Liverpool is worth 10 at City. I can't wait to return to Anfield when the Klopp statue is right there next to the Shankly statue.  

Edited by mdmost

I think the foundations for the club are better than they were the last 3 years. With Edwards and Ward and co.
Also, Klopp is leaving us with a team full of talent unlike Fergie and Wegner leaving with clubs that were declining. 

Posted (edited)

It will be interesting who stays and who pushes to move on. From all accounts, Mo wants to stay. He's not ready to end his career yet. Diaz, I keep seeing that he wants to leave. I'm thrilled Edwards is back. 

I really wonder how much better the squad could've been if Thiago could've stayed healthy. The passing was otherworldly when he was in there. And for all the shit we gave Matip, the dude was a solid contributor and stepped in whenever he was asked. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

It really sucks that Matip and Thiago didn’t get to see out their tenure in the way they deserved. Matip a huge cog in our title winning side(s) and Thiago was our best midfielder during that 2021/22 stretch.